YouTube Clone Script

athomas

Does anybody know of a script that DOES NOT convert mp4 or avi or whatever to flash? It puts crazy load on my servers so I don't want to do that.

wetgravy

nope, i found one that doesn't before, but it requires a massive amount of codec support to play every type of mpg and avi out there. Sadly, if you have one of these sites, you have to plan on the conversion load it does or require your users to convert it on their own.

wetgravy

I don't really save the links to scripts and source code that I won't ever use. You'll just have to schlep through most of the source code sites for what you want.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anybody know of a script that DOES NOT convert mp4 or avi or whatever to flash? It puts crazy load on my servers so I don't want to do that.
Flash is pretty much the standard for video streaming these days. You will find it hard to find a Youtube clone that doesn't use Flash. I know all of the main ones do.

Clip Share
PHPMotion
Rayys
ShareMixer
MediaShare

... and several others. However, their are several Flash Players out their that support mp4 playback, such as the Nuevo Player. Alternatively their is also the Divx Web Player. So, if you really want to use the mp4 file format, it can be done with any script, just requires some creativity on your part to modify the code accordingly.

Good luck!