Yet another website for review!

Kiwiberry

The forum looks good and the shop is setup nicely. Personally, I think they'd be better if you had them open in a new window because you can't navigate back to the originating site. For the site, there's not much out there but the general layout is well formatted for 1024x768. I got a little annoyed with the scroll bars in my 800x600, but I think I'm against the norm in that regard.

moonfish

Thanks for your comments, you are quite right about opening new windows. Makes a lot of sense.

Cheers Rob ;)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The site looks quite good, I dont think the forum should open in a new window, I think the forum header should be integrated so that is like the rest of the website, and it should be within the same page.

StephanieCordray

Well, the biggest thing I can see is the text. It's all bolded and large. Why not make it smaller?... not very small but more a normal size and less bolding. Bold only the headings. It would tighten the page up. The large text makes the page rather loose and long.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I have merged this thread.
I dont see what the differences in the site are?

moonfish

Sorry Ian,

I have put more content into the site and have included a random image script on the index page. Seems to be working as I received my first order and I'm getting people registering on the forum. Google affiliation is making a few cents, search engine optimisation is bringing in lots of unique hits...

But I really want the website to generate revenue.

Any ideas?

Many thanks Rob

mcbosky

Yes moonfish, as steph said try reduce the font size to a more normal view. And I want to call your attention to one thing, there is no footer on the homepage it only end at the "notice to webmaster" what happen after that? nothing! Try and put something there so as to make it more professional

RAJO

moonfish, what about the google ad colors?
the trees images look stretched a little