Yet another page to review!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The site looks very good. Text rich, looks search engine friendly.
The only thing I can comment on is between the pages looks like you have used different fonts.
The other thing is, you may want to consider your placement of ads, at the moment there are quite a few, on the homepage at least 5 ads, some of which are animated, and that makes the site look like a spammy affiliate type site as opposed to a content rich site which someone would return to. So I would probably cut down on the number of ads and place them more carefully, perhaps even opt for some more text affiliate links instead.

parky

Hi Kiwiberry,

the gradient you've used in the header (Home_NCorpBanner.gif) is of poor quality. Generally you get a better result if you use jpg for gradients. Also you could maybe line up the header with the ad immediately below it?

Kiwiberry

Thanks Ian, I thought it was getting a little cluttered myself. I'm still working on it.

Parky, any ideas on what to use to build a better banner/logo?

parky

Well here's something I knocked up - it's the same size in pixels but only 5k (whereas the image you are using is 11k).

projectpcs3pe.jpg

parky

Fireworks. If you give me half an hour I'll knock up something better (bored at work). Any requests?

Kiwiberry

Funny:) that's how my website got started. Requests? no idea; haven't got enough caffeine for that yet. Thanks!

Kiwiberry

Thanks, I'll work on it. I've seen some pretty intersting things done with Photoshop. So I think I'll give that a shot.