Worst Ripoff i have ever vitnessed

RAJO

Hello All,

I just started working for a top Realtor. He is an older guy who likes to spend a lot of money on marketing his listings. He has been complaining about a web designer he hired to do a website for one of his listings.

I asked him how much he agreed to pay for it and he told me above $7,000. I was shocked when i saw the site which in my opinion is worth no more than $700. This is the site: www.thefloribunda.com

He has paid half so far and i really dont want him to have to pay for the other half. However, i still want him to have the website so I want to see if it is possible for me to replicate the site and therefore i need some help. What program would be the easiest to create this site? Should i use tables or how should i go about this?

Thanks so much!!

:):):) this site worth from $200 to $300 mostly . you get better one for $400 with your own logo and image gallery and more

fromthe5

Yes... $7000 is pretty pricey but if you just take the design and duplicate it your boss is probably going to run into some legal problems. Tread carefully.

3dmagicaldesign

All my templates are custom made, I develop everything starting from zero, I've never used any template from templatemonster. You can check my portfolio, personally I think those template are very design limited.

voodish

I've often thought Template Monster designs were very good, like yours, very good. Are they websites?

3dmagicaldesigns

Template Monster

Last edited:

darrenfox

Most of the people claiming to do a website similar to this for under $1,000 are the ones that are killing the industry. Take into consideration the costs of other types media and advertising then take a second look at what you think the value of a website is. $700 gets you a name and a phone number in the Yellow pages. So now a website costs as much as to just have your name and phone number listed. I'm not going to say $7,000 is right but $700 is even worse.

rarepearldesign

Most of the people claiming to do a website similar to this for under $1,000 are the ones that are killing the industry. Take into consideration the costs of other types media and advertising then take a second look at what you think the value of a website is. $700 gets you a name and a phone number in the Yellow pages. So now a website costs as much as to just have your name and phone number listed. I'm not going to say $7,000 is right but $700 is even worse.

What he said...too many people diluting an industry for real professionals.