Why doesn't work "link:" on live.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomas.kimi

Hello,

if I want to know how many inbound links have a site, simply I make a question for SE live.com with an operator "link:"
It's a couple of weeks what it doesn't work.

Formerly I got result page. Now, I get only white page.

Don't you know what's up?

Because I think live.com has the best results interested in inbound links :-$

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I read somehere, cant remember where, that this feature at live.com was discontinued. I am not 100% sure though.

tomas.kimi

It'd be a pity.

Btw: How do you find out how many links has any domain?

I think Google gives me incomplete results.

tomas.kimi

But it works only at sites where I have a verification.
And that isn't much applicable :-$

Last edited:

Asiadeep

Yeah apparently they disabled that function. Its unfortunate that us webmasters now have to rely on yahoo only. Google can't be counted on since it only shows you like 10% of all the real links too! :rolleyes:

Ar3d

Its been a months since the day, that MSN disable there advance search due to over usage or mass usage.. but you can rely on submittexpress but am not sure on how accurate is that..

bermuda

It's been a couple of months since the discontinuation of the service on Live search engine.

In fact, MSN has decided not showing the backlinks to websites for the present, no body exactly knows why.

Many believe this might be the result of so many link popularity websites and online tools that connect to the datacenters without visiting the search pages directly and others say maybe they are working to offer a more complete link command program in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.