which freelance site is better ?

baggio63

elance
odesk
freelancer

please vote on best freelance site in :

Last edited by a moderator:

elana

I want to work with freelance sites. However, I want to know which is the best freelance site and extremely free to use. Please tell me in details.

AntonD

These are the sites where freelancers look for work I assume?
(Pardon the, probably, very dumb question)

justrobin

Well, the answer depends on your work preference.

If you want to have long term contract, Elance is the best. However getting a contract is not that easy. Yet high paying buyers are there..

If you wish to work at low rates, then oDesk is the answer... Landing a job is easier as compared to Elance.

phoebeH3462

I vote for oDesk. I already had 6 jobs done and 3 jobs currently still on going merchant account. There are a lot of clients there looking for contractors. Oh and I just started June this year.

Last edited:

pbwebdesign

In my experience, Elance is the best. I have three projects going on with them right now as a contractor, and I have hired writers from there as a client for content marketing.

fileppoa

Well, the answer depends on your work preference.

If you want to have long term contract, Elance is the best. However getting a contract is not that easy. Yet high paying buyers are there..

If you wish to work at low rates, then oDesk is the answer... Landing a job is easier as compared to Elance.

It's true.................

Mojo

I've gotten some decent work at Freelancer, and established a few great clients there. The bad thing is if you're in the USA and your client is in say Australia they charge some hefty "currency conversion" fees. Plus I think they sock the client pretty good too which makes them less than happy also. Odesk looks ok but I haven't gotten any jobs there yet. I try to get my work from other avenues, mainly word of mouth with no middle man and will sometimes bid on jobs on freelance sites when things are slow. Currently keeping busy!