which cs of adobe should i use?

nullbytes

I am new in graphic designing. I am interested about creating nice logos and graphic for web.
which version of photoshop CS should i start with? Can anybody suggest me plz?

chrishirst

Staff member
The one you can afford to buy with whatever budget you have. Unless you are prepared to become a criminal by using "peer to peer" file stealing sites or networks.

Why not look at the Open Source community offerings such as Inkscape

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Inkscape isn't an alternative to Photoshop. Now Illustrator, on the other hand...

Photoshop CS4 is perfectly adequate. The only thing CS5 has that CS4 doesn't (that I'm aware of) is content aware, which wasn't very well implemented any way.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
CS6. $50/month get you the entire creative suite. not just photoshop. well worth it I think.

and that gets you a licence for two computers...

and in any case you should be using fireworks for that kind of thing.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
indeed you should get the latest one.
...and content aware works pretty good in cs6 now.

JakClark

Why not go for the latest. The tutorials out there should *all* still be fairly easy to follow as little changes in the UI, per release.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
PS5 is the latest version, but as a beginner I suggest you to stick with the PhotoShop 8 (CS) because you can learn the basics through that and go for an advanced version.
actually there was cs5.5 and now cs6.
I would suggest that learning cs first is just stupid.

naanin

Currently I’m using cs5 but I have experience in cs4 also you can choose either cs4 or cs5 for your works both working great.