where did you show your online portfolio?

PimPim

Hello everyone, I'm new here on this forum and need some help and advice. I'm sick of working for others and want to start working for myself. My idea would be to work on projects for freelance jobs. I've been looking for advertise my portfolio online. I added to getafrelancer.com and freelanceidol.com, I know its not a lot but still.

Any ideas of online showcase?

sysgenmedia

You may want to try CarbonMade at carbonmade.com. It's a place to show web / graphic design portfolios. You get up to 5 portfolio "projects" for free, after that they start charging a monthly fee if you'd like to upgrade. There's some cool layout options though if you play around with it.

Take a look at ours for an example: http://sysgenmedia.carbonmade.com/

ishie

Carbonmade is the way to go! It's the best online portfolio website out there where you can post design, illustration, art, etc.

sysgenmedia

Any other suggestions out there? We're always looking for more places to showcase our work.

Another thing you may want to look into are the various web design contest websites out there. There's a lot that are free to enter, and a lot with fairly high fees.

Just need to be careful with this, as there's a lot that are pretty much just scams. I even found one that would straight up rank you higher the more you paid them, heh.