What is Google Webmaster Tools/Google Search Console?

nicknal

Webmaster Tools is a free set of tools from Google that allows you to track your website's performance. If you are interested in growing an online business or generating a lot of traffic to your website Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google Search Console can be extremely helpful to you.

Google Analytics will track any kind of traffic to your site, so you can see page views, what pages visitors go to most often, where your visitors are from, ect. I am actually in the process of writing up a tutorial on how to get GA set up on a website, as well as display the most important information on your GA Dashboard. I'll be posting that on Thursday 02/07/2019 on my SPAMMY CONTENT REMOVED if you are interested in getting Analytics set up on your site.
Google Tag Manager, in my opinion, helps enhance your Google Analytics data. If you get GTM set up correctly, you can track even more data such as buttons your visitors click on, set goals/funnels, ect.
Google Search Console will show you how your site is performing. Google "Crawls" your website and looks for any errors or issues on your site and notifies you there. You can also track the speed of your website, any back-links (or websites that are linking back to your website), click-through-rate, and mobile usability.

Obviously this is just scratching the surface, but these Webmaster tools can me extremely helpful for your website.

Hopefully this helps a little bit!

Last edited by a moderator: