What happened to Sacred Servers??

EF Guy

Hi all,

New to the forum and a basically clueless when it comes to web design/programming. I have a small business and had a website up on Sacred Servers web hosting and it appears they just fell off the face of the Earth. My site is down as is theirs. Does anyone know what happened to them - go out of business, change names, etc?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

EF Guy

Cool trick. Could have done without the snarky remark, however....in any event, if you looked at those links, you would have seen that they referenced some sort of video game and NOT the web hosting company I was asking about (they said the same things when I Googled them before posting here : P )

chrishirst

Staff member
There you go, had you mentioned that at the start...

But again having never heard of them, or the URI where their website could be found, it is somewhat difficult to do any kind of realistic research.

Have you also checked the domain registry 'whois'?
Do you know their IP range so the parent company or datacentre provider could be located?

You are the one who wants the info, so you need to provide more clues.

EF Guy

Thanks chrishirst. I appreciate your help. Unfortunately, I'm not very tech savy so I don't know how to find the IP range or datacentre provider. I will go back through my receipts as well as try and search whois

Any ideas why Google and Bing searches are turning up nothing? Or can you recommend any other forum that would be good to ask around on? This is certainly not my area of expertise so any help you could provide would be much appreciated!

chrishirst

Staff member
Unfortunately, I'm not very tech savy so I don't know how to find the IP range or datacentre provider.
But some of us here do, so armed with the URL of their website some 'dig'ging can be done.

Maybe try at webhostingtalk.com

EF Guy

Not sure if this is of any value, but had the following info from a receipt I received:

Server Information

Server Name: Katana
Server IP: 64.64.17.83

If you are using an existing domain with your new hosting account, you will need to update the nameservers to point to the nameservers listed below.

Nameserver 1: ns1.sacredserver.com (64.64.17.83)
Nameserver 2: ns2.sacredserver.com (64.64.17.84)

Also, did a Who is search which ultimately led me to a "WHMCSdomains.com". They basically told me they couldn't help me.

chrishirst

Staff member
The IP range is from Servint, so I would guess they were leasing a dedicated box or a VM from them.
The domain name is in a redemption period which means it was not renewed when it expired, so it all points to a 'fly-by-night' operation that has gone TU.

Do you have backups of your website files and any database dumps that you can use to restore your website to a new server?