What Do You Think?

jancz3rt

I have made a new page (not much stuff yet), but wanted to hear you pros say something about it. Please do not note the fact that the page is not titled yet.

My new page

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Looks pretty impressive, the quality of the graphics are quite good. The only thing I can comment on, is the text on the info page is a little hard to read against that background.

jancz3rt

Question..

Did you mean the text right under the intro image? If that's the case, I think the same. Thanks for the note. It is always nice to hear from other people and improve it in a way that makes it better for the majority of viewers.

JAN :D

ian

Administrator
Staff member
jancz3rt said:
Did you mean the text right under the intro image?
No the text on the INFO page which says This page was created by...... and the text below that.

ewomack

It is a very nice looking site... very metallic. Good use of gradients. Does the site have a specific purpose or is it just a webdesign test? While looking at it, I kept telling myself "cool site" while simultaneously asking "what's it for?" If it's just a webdesign test then disregard my remarks.

But it looks good overall.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i think it's just a personal home page for him to distribute his wallpapers, icons and so forth.

the site looks alright, but personally, i find it much to gray. a little more color would be nice, to give it a bit on a contrast.

StephanieCordray

I have to agree on the text but I have problems with all of it.. I have bad eyes, which I frequently say but I really do. I'm having a problem reading all of it... even the links text... the only thing that stands out for me is the stroke around the letters... otherwise I think it looks good.

since zkiller suggested some more color, perhaps add some by changing the font color? I don't know.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
StephanieCordray said:
I have to agree on the text but I have problems with all of it.. I have bad eyes, which I frequently say but I really do. I'm having a problem reading all of it... even the links text... the only thing that stands out for me is the stroke around the letters... otherwise I think it looks good.
i wear glaces, yet i can't really say i have bad eyes when wearing them, but that's exactly what i mean with needing more color to give it some contrast.

StephanieCordray

zkiller said:
i wear glaces, yet i can't really say i have bad eyes when wearing them, but that's exactly what i mean with needing more color to give it some contrast.

I have astigmatism so bad last time I checked I was told it was incorrectable... this gives me some problems switching between light and dark.

I've been tempted to check into the new laser surgeries to see if it's still incorrectable. For most other things, I'm farsighted and a pair of reading glasses works when my eyes are tired.

jancz3rt

Yes

It was initially a test site. Now however, I have added some wallpapers, icons etc. that I have personally created. As for the gray...I do that on purpose. Believe me...you can check http://www.marrouche.net/cz3rt/choose2.html
and see what my old website was like. I was thinking of the text but really think that for most people it's readable. I am aware however of the text being hard for some to read. However as it's a personal website, it reflect my personal preferences and personality. :D

JAN :D

Vivvy

that font is difficult to read.. and even to distinguish from the design.. i didn't immediately find the navigation. Also, front door pages with nothing but "enter here" are a bit old fashioned... and search engines aren't impressed by them at all.

just my humble 2 cents..
Vivvy