What do you think of these designs?

Which domain and design do you like the best?

• AttendHub.com

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • MinutePortal.com

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both!

• I like minuteportals's name but attendhubs's look

• I like attendhub's name but minuteportal's look

• Try again bud!

• Total voters

leroy30

Hi all!

What do you think of the name and design on the below concepts? I am trying to come up with a viable dot com brand for time and attendance.

Sample%20Ideas.jpg

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like both the names, though I think AttendHub, along with its logo are better. The color scheme for AH is better, but I'm not real big on the slanted design of the nav.

leroy30

Cheers Ronald! The slanted nav on AH was to compliment the slanted text in the logo.

Can always revisit it later once I've gotten a few opinions anyway. Just trying to get a feel for which one is the better to develop at this stage.

daveheinzel

I also am not a fan of the slanted nav. As a user and as a developer (knowing the CSS/image requirements involved in pulling that off), I strongly prefer the normal boxes. I don't mind either color scheme. The attendhub logo is ok except for the small 'a'. It seems forced just to make room for the playful interaction with the figure grabbing the 't'. I don't think the figure and its action are very clear in terms of what that means to your brand. Perhaps incorporating something clock-like (although very simplistic) with the style of the MinutePortal logo would work. Finally, not a huge fan of the "curvy-edged" shadow on the MinuteHub nav bar, but it's not horrible.

leroy30

Well I guess that settles it on the slanted nav idea then!

Still pondering the name so logo design isn't yet critical until I make up my mind on that one. In the end though it has to be perfect! Definitely good to get some opinions and feedback.

AsheSkyler

I like the black logo, blue nav, slanted boxes, and I'm torn on the name.
But I seem to be the only fan of the slanted boxes...

chrishirst

Staff member
I am trying to come up with a viable dot com brand for time and attendance.
Why??

The TRADING NAME should be the "brand" NOT the URI. The URI can be anything you want as long as it is memorable and easy enough to tell people.

If it matches your trading name so much the better but it does not HAVE to be one and the same.

leroy30

...The TRADING NAME should be the "brand" NOT the URI. The URI can be anything you want as long as it is memorable and easy enough to tell people.

I would prefer it to be the same. It is even more difficult to think of a viable name that isn't constructed from real words!

chrishirst

Staff member
I would prefer it to be the same. It is even more difficult to think of a viable name that isn't constructed from real words!

True, but the real words do not have to be "key words" or "what you do". "Who you are" should be the target goal of "branding", and the domain and TLD could be something 'quirky' and memorable.

There's probably some variation of "9 to 5" still available for example.

chrishirst

Staff member
Probably the worst thing to do, simply because you will naturally tether your concious mind to some arbitrary limits.

What you need is the sub/unconcious "flash of inspiration"

chrishirst

Staff member
You mean the ones that are no longer visible???

And just when you thought WoW gold spammers could NOT get dumber.