Website Review

optime_design

Hi, I work for this company: www.optimeconsulting.com
Our CEO would like for people outside the company to look at our site and answer the following questions:

1) Do you know what we do?
2) Do you like what you see?
3) What would you change?

Thanks for your help! :)

chrishirst

Staff member
Based on the first seven seconds (the approximate time it takes for a visitor to decide to continue [or not])

1: No.

2: It's very green, so for 1: I would guess at something to do with gardening or grass maintenance.

3: Depending on how close the 2.1 guess was .... Everything or nothing (though the moving/distracting things would go first thus allowing people to read what you want to say to first time 'home' page visitors.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. Overset text

2. the "our leaders" girl has a very weird looking head.

3. see 1. and 2.

aeroservers

It almost seemed to me as advertisements and not content. Green isn't really my personal tasted for colors but it does have a nice layout.

Edge

Given that you are a reasonably sized company with budget to to deliver something good I'll be harsh.

1. More or less - I guess the terminology goes with the market
2. It's OK but dated. I agree about the vimeo animation - very annoying that it keeps on repeating in a loop.
3. I'd make it responsive, use HTML 5, get rid of the code that looks like it is from 10 years ago (dreamweaver rollovers - that takes me back). It's obviously designed to show everything 'above the fold' which has been shown to be inappropriate for the web for a long time now. More needs to be made of the home page in terms of content.