Website needs Judged, Pretty Please

kountrycrow

I Guys, I am painfully new to this web design stuff and if anyone has some extra time, I would like some opinions.
I started my biz last March 2012 looked through dozens of eCommerce sites and picked Wix its flash and I and do pay for it. I really need to be able to upload and add things myself because things change so fast. Now I had added it to the search engines best I could, and even pay for someone to help me with this, but I am just not getting found.
Suggestions, Please.
www.kountryycrowcandlesandsoaps.com :)

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
longer answer.
flash and wix. doubly crap.

if you want to be indexed. have content not in flash.

if you want the ability to expand your page. dont use wix.

kountrycrow

Okay, got it Wix is crap, LOL I agree

So, just name me 2or 3 eCommerce site that a dummy can do without having to know those codes, lol. I am an emergency room nurse I can save your life but obviously not my website.
I.m looking for ones that work well with Google plus and basically everything that flash is not.
I joined this site because I knew their are experts on here, this stuff is to you guys like a trauma victim is to me, lol.
Any suggestions?

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
The best way to get the best possible site is to hire out.

With that said, I suspect that's not going to work for you. In that case, if you must have a low cost solution that you can easily work with, the least bad of the online WYSIWYG deals is, IMHO Squarespace. But, I want to emphasize that it's the "least bad". In other words, I still don't recommend it.

chrishirst

Staff member
So, just name me 2or 3 eCommerce site that a dummy can do without having to know those codes, lol. I am an emergency room nurse I can save your life but obviously not my website.
I.m looking for ones that work well with Google plus and basically everything that flash is not.
I joined this site because I knew their are experts on here, this stuff is to you guys like a trauma victim is to me, lol.
Any suggestions?

Each to their own is the best motto/adage to apply, these 'tools' do exist so they can be used, but it does not mean they SHOULD be used.

A simple "eCommerce" system? ... Zen Cart or Tomato Cart, both OpenSource and available as "One Click" installs on Softaculous, lots of free templates around and not overly complicated to create your own.

Stay away from Magento, while it is a very powerful tool, it is also complicated to configure and manage.