Web image format and program question

danbnpp

Hello all
I am making a site for my brother and I have been using jpg and gif's for image formats. Well I need my images to blend with the back round, what image format can I use for transparencys. I use creative suite 5 from adobe and photoshop can't give those options for graffix.What image format and program would do better with transparent backround on images?

chrishirst

Staff member
So, you cannot spell 'graphics' and you don't know the basics what make you think you are a "designer"?

adobe and photoshop can't give those options for graffix
Yes it does. RTFM!!!!

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
in photoshop > save for web > png-8 or png-24
make sure transparency is ticked.
(and you have a transparent BG)

danbnpp

Ahh, thanks. From what I read some people said photoshop wasn't that great, well it wasn't for me with that issue. Now I know which format to use I can improve the look of my site, Thanks guys.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
depends what you want to use it for. photoshop for site design? yeah I'd rather use something else. photoshop for image manipulation and assets. that is where it will shine for you.

You can use some images application software and try to support your web. In this software, you can manage as you want the images that will be used.

jumpingspider

photoshop for image manipulation and assets. that is where it will shine for you.

This is somewhat correct,I believe photoshop would be best for editing images. I'd pick something else for site design.

So, you cannot spell 'graphics' and you don't know the basics what make you think you are a "designer"?

This gave me a LOL.. :D