web design direction

mrl

Wanted: Newbie needs help. I volunteered to work on the local genealogy club's website using Dreamweaver MX 2004. This is my first attempt at web designs and I was doing ok but I need some direction on a couple of pages.

The group wants a list of the surnames or family names that the members are researching. When a surname is choosen, an e-mail should pop-up with the member's address so the searcher can contact the member.
I tried linking the surnames to another page with a list of the members. The member page appears but the individual member who is associated with the selected surname is not apparent.
I'm trying to avoid having a member's e-mail address linked directly to the surname because a change in an e-mail address could mean changing a hundred surname links.
Thanks in advance for any input.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
their are some dynamic applications available out their for such sites, but to be honest, i don't remember their names. a friend of mine was doing something similar a few years ago, but it's been too long.

a simple solutions, if you want to stick to static html pages, might be to simply make the associated name bold!?!?

kiko_friendly

I agree. Anyway, I get spam TTM from having my email thrown out left right and centre on my site. Hmm. Some of my friend use images instead of text, and I am gonna change to that, soon. Yeah. Not that what I just said was particularly relevant. I get about 2 emails from the same thing daily. I filter it as spam but it comes back. I think they are just going through LOADS of sites for email addresses.