unlimited hosting from the host

stach14

There is no such thing as "unlimited" anything. At some point you will max out per the TOS of the host in question or you will slow down to a crash as server is overloaded.

Crook-sam

Banned
I would recommend to STAY away from any hosting companies that offer "unlimited" bandwidth or storage as those are unreality. Most of these companies are doing heavy on overselling and will give you bad services.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
No I dont belive in it, although it seems a lot do.

that is the problem you see because all that "unlimited" space and "unlimited" accounts have to sit on a "limited" server. and what do people put on unlimited accounts? illegal shit they want to download.
what happens when hundreds of thousands of people try to download this pirated crap off thousands of "unlimited" sites? the "limited" server melts down.

unlimited means crappy bandwidth. dodgy business practices and a general waste of your time. next...

treemonkey

If you run the type of site that needs unlimited hosting then it will almost certainly breach the limits in the small print.

ChrisRich

Blue host offers unlimited storage and do offer pretty good service. I think their unlimited storage is kept in check by having pretty slow upload speeds. Anyone have any negative experiences with them?

sampathneo

We can't offer unlimited hosting in real world. "Unlimited" is completely over selling & marketing concept. but lots of clients like to buy unlimited hosting. as a web hosting providers we should hear from clients. and we should offer what they want.

VPSblast

Go for stability, not just size. Just because the host if offering you unmetered and unlimited space, doesn't mean you should soley base your decision on that. What good is that account to you when your site is down or the server is overloaded?

AprilLaJune

I have excellent service with HostGator. 24/7/365 tech support, unlimited domains, unlimited storage - so far, in three years it's never given me any hassle. I have the second plan which I think is Baby - it is $9.99 a month which I think is awesome.