Transparent textbox over an image.

Scientist

Whenever I add an image, I cant add a text box on it.

I know theres a way to have an image and then put text on it and from the HTML code, you can edit the text. The only way I can do it so far is by editing the iamge and permanetely adding text on the paint program.

I know its something like pagewidth= or something.
I really need to know how to add a text box (<textarea>text here</textarea>) over an image. And to make it transparent, so that way the background of the textbox is the same as the image area behind it.

StephanieCordray

There are several different ways to accomplish this. The best way for you will depend on the amount of space the text takes up vs the size of the image.

Scientist, I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I've been watching your posts. Your enthusiasm is great but I think you need to start at the beginning. I'd recommend this tutorial site: http://webmonkey.wired.com/webmonkey/authoring/html_basics/ before worrying about some of the other things you know you can do. One must learn to walk before one can run. There are lots of tutorials on that site that will help you better than this forum could. Some of the answers to your questions are just too long for this medium.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I was about to say the same thing, just did not know quite how to put it.

Chroder

use CSS to give the textarea a background image.

Code:
.mytxtarea { background: url(path/to/bg.gif); }

<textarea class="mytxtarea"></textarea>

Ecobaby

There are different ways to do this. The best way for you will take care of the site of you immages and code.