Transferring form Homestead to new hosting

brianswebdesign

Transferring from Homestead to new hosting

I currently own and run two companies, my new web design company and the pet care company I have been running for a year now. The website for the pet care is with homestead.com. I can't seem to find any info about FTP address and the other info I need to get the domain moved over to my current hosting for my web design company (godaddy). I want to set it up as if the pet care company is simply a client of the web design company.

I read that apparently any domains with homestead aren't really mine, that if I don't host with them and use their program I can't have my domain.

Anyone have any input with this issue? I am hoping someone has already had to deal with this for a client and had to learn it the hard way and can help.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

web_design

top be honest i wouldnt move to godaddy, ive had many clients who have had massive issues with them in the past (mainly with their db speeds). Names.co.uk are good
use http://www.who.is/ and search for your domain. It will show who owns it/registered with (unless you choose the privacy option)

is your domain a .co.uk or .com? if its a .co.uk and the whois shows you own it you can go to nominet.co.uk and get the ipstag transfered to your new hosting companys for £12.

SiberForum

I suppose if you contact your new web hosting company and ask them to help you to move all your stuff properly - they will do that for you for free and with no problem at all.