Slow Wordpress on Godaddy. Is Hostgator any better?

Janja

I have been using Godaddy for years and have been pretty happy with them. By now, I run tons of wordpress installs on my deluxe plan. Everything was ok until a few month ago when I started having problems.

My pages load awefully slow and sometimes I can't even access them through the ftp. I have called customer service about this many times already and it seems that some of it might have to do with some of the updates to the servers they have been doing. None of the suggestions have actually helped and super cache only works after the inital loading.

One of my customers sites is doing the same thing, so I wonder if Godaddy is just getting to big and running too many websites on one server...???

I have read some threads that hostgator was loading wordpress much faster.
Does anybody have any experience with that? Is there a rating of some sorts where I can see what the response/loading time should be?

stach14

There are more options then either of these two companies. If you want to provide some specs you are looking for people can offer some ideas. Keep in mind godaddy is a domain registrar and should be left to just that.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, neither are preferred by me, although of the two id go hostgator.
And even as a domain registrar, godaddy is bad!

MarkR

Did a reverse DNS on a site a client of mine had on a Godaddy account, over 17 million websites being served by the same box!