Site review

Winterblues

Accepting all criticism please. Photo and video sections being added as well

http://boozetales.com/

Also, I'll be posting this in the web design forum, but I was just curious if anyone knew how to make it so that if I add a login via f-book option they have to agree to the terms and services? I have it setup so that they have to check a box when they reg, but when I had the login w/ f-book option I couldn't figure out how to apply it. Thank you.

barricades

I like the idea of this site lol.

The design needs a little work though maybe. The logo's cool but the thumbs up icons look very 1980s (somehow!) and the rounded rectangles you've got the stories in look not very nice at all.

Also it would be good in there was some sort of introduction on the home page rather than just listing all the stories as the first thing you read. Perhaps there could be an area with some text about what the site's about before you list the stories.

Anyway good luck with, I'm sure you'll have fun!

Winterblues

Thanks Barricades I appreciate the input! I def. need to put some sort of intro there and I'll mess around with the box formats a little then repost.

Winterblues

Not sure how the introduction would look between the top story and the menu. What If I put a question mark or something in the header you can hover over to reveal the text?

iramency

Clever

At first glance my eyes were bothered with the way in which the stories tab stuck up higher than the others. Then I realized that was an accidental on purpose type thing, the others jump up. Very clever. I think you should uniform the share buttons and you will be good to go

Edge

I think the logo is great but then the rest of the page is blocky and plain. That's a lot of monotone grey background.

Winterblues

I think the logo is great but then the rest of the page is blocky and plain. That's a lot of monotone grey background.

True, but it will be focusing on the content, which is what will drive the site. I didn't want it to be too bright and all over the place, but am open to different color combo suggestions.

Brew

True, but it will be focusing on the content, which is what will drive the site. I didn't want it to be too bright and all over the place, but am open to different color combo suggestions.

We look at composition, colour and details to determine where to look. This site makes me want to click close tab if I look at the design. It's not just about the colour combination ;) Your website lacks modern style elements.

The content however is original. I like the idea. Once this grows in combination with images/video it could become big.

AsheSkyler

I like the simple design. Nothing distracts me from the content.

You've already got some funny entries, I hope you get many more!

Winterblues

What do you guys think of some sort of introduction? It has been suggested, and I've been contemplating one all along, but don't know where to put it. I'm not sure it would look good between the drop down menu and top story, but I'm not sure where else to put it...I could also do some sort of hover above/click a button that brings up an intro. Thoughts?

Winterblues

What if I move the login down and put "What is Boozetales?" right above it and you can hover above or to get an introduction?

TheWebTaylor

I agree with the comments above, it does seem a bit blocky and bland. It is not easy when you are a beginner, but I am sure the site will evolve into something that looks great.