Session ID, Search Strings are bad?

telecomit

I was told on Friday last week that the reason our website wasnt performing on the search engines was down to the fact that we have session ID's, Search Strings and Query Strings on our site. They also said that we would have to Remod. I am struggling to understand what this means or how i go about changing it. If you have any sugestions please let me know. Our web address is http://www.telecomit.co.uk and would welcome you comments.

ISDProductions

I don't agree with that, I think alot of the problem as to why you are not performing well in the search engines for your keywords goes to the fact that you have so much competition. The problems your having relate to the fact that your website has a page rank of 3 yet is competing with HUGE corporate websites with ranks much much higher. I would work on adding TREMENDOUS amounts of content, all optimized for SE's, and try and start a link program, try to think of ways you can get other "related" pages to link to you . Also, many of your keywords are in images...I would try to include them in the text more often, setting special emphasis on them with bold, or underline, or maybe even making them into the header. Their are TON's of articles online about this...A place I often frequent is
www.seochat.com
That would be a good place to start. There are literally hundreds of things that you would need to do to compete with the pages that are beating you in the rankings

Last edited:

thrive

Actually I was having lunch with some engineers from Google and asked them about this. It's true that strings do hurt your SEO due to the fact that bots/spiders drop everything after the second variable. Some older spiders drop all strings altogether.

You can get by this by using the url rewriter tool.

ISDProductions

that may be true, but ignoring basic seo techniques and a low page rank are the clear culprits in why their site is ranking so low, and that was the point i was trying to get accross. They could ignore their strings, and work on building a higher page rank, thus acheiving the desired results. The easiest way to end the strings problem would be to simply build a site map and link to it from the main page.