search engine submission

Status
Not open for further replies.

s guy

Banned
whats the best company to use so to get submitted to msn google yahoo and the other main search engines?. Ive looked around a few and am willing to pay like £150 a year but just wondering whats the best one or trustworthy one to use thanks.

lachlanmcd

You can submit your site to any of the sites you have above for free and this is true of most search engines, however if you wish to get more hits you can pay the engines directly to promote your site more.

The free submission is kinda hard to find sometimes but if you search on goggle for free search submission you should get at least a few links.

Hope this helps,

lachlanmcd

benf

Ye ive heard that if you get some sort of program to submit your site ( i asume this is what they will do) then the search engines don't like it. Your better off submiting them yourself anyway, means you can get a varied description of your site and work around your key words.
Yes they are all free to submit apart from yahoo where you have to pay just for them to look at it. But you should show up if you submit to DMOZ. This is the open directory.

good luck.

tank126

Search Engine Submissions

i just got finished submitting my website to the search engines.
a good website to check out is http://www.freewebsubmission.com
this website gives you the top 50 search engines to submit your site to for free, for the most part.

:eek:
laters

TANK126

ian

Administrator
Staff member
AainaA said:
Hire Ian, and he'll beef your site
Actually I dont do paid work, I dont have enough time to do the projects I currently have, plus I do work in a full time job as well.

AainaA

well... since he doesn't do paid work, you could always send him a 12-pack or something equivalent or more. [tab] might help you out with that, but Jonsun {where did he go?} could do that since he's in Seo right?

Winterchase

Excuse me.

benf said:
Ye ive heard that if you get some sort of program to submit your site ( i asume this is what they will do) then the search engines don't like it. Your better off submiting them yourself anyway, means you can get a varied description of your site and work around your key words.
Yes they are all free to submit apart from yahoo where you have to pay just for them to look at it. But you should show up if you submit to DMOZ. This is the open directory.

good luck.

I intended on following your advice, but then I ran into this about DMOZ.

http://www.corruptdmozeditor.com/

If there's any truth to it, them shouldn't us newbies reconsider using DMOZ?

Kiwiberry

Thanks Tank, they had a few search engines I hadn't heard of.

Winterchase, I'd be careful with the whole DMOZ thing. From what I read, it doesn't appear to have any affect on any other search engines. DMOZ is itself is "The Open Directory Project is the largest, most comprehensive human-edited directory of the Web. It is constructed and maintained by a vast, global community of volunteer editors."

I'm sure the editor you came across is not the norm, and as with all web programs, a select few will try and take advantage of it

Status
Not open for further replies.