Review Website

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Your site has a lot of content and good content. I think the way it could be improved is maybe some more pictures. And also perhaps break things up a bit more, use a slightly larger font for some areas, and a link to email the text to a friend, because quite a lot of that material is the kind of stuff people like to share with close friends.

Southy

ian said:
Your site has a lot of content and good content. I think the way it could be improved is maybe some more pictures. And also perhaps break things up a bit more, use a slightly larger font for some areas, and a link to email the text to a friend, because quite a lot of that material is the kind of stuff people like to share with close friends.

I often thought of not adding pictures just so the website wouldnt take forever to load, then again with most people having broadband these days I guess it wouldnt really matter all that much. None the less, thank you for the comments, tips and ideas, I shall take them into consideration. =)

Travo925 said:
not bad, what you use to make it?

I did all the HTML coding in notepad straight from scratch.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i agree with ian, the site isn't bad at all and you have lots of good content, but i also find it a little plain. but all in all, good job! :)

Southy

Travo925 said:
nice, how long it take you?

Well I have had it up for almost 3 years now, and it looked nothing like that when I first put it up. I worked on it mostly in my spare time over the past year or 2, so it took me a long time to get it to the way that it looks now. I wanted it to be perfect and had to make sure that I wasn't putting some things on twice, etc... so you can only imagine... Quality takes time! =)

zkiller said:
i agree with ian, the site isn't bad at all and you have lots of good content, but i also find it a little plain. but all in all, good job! :)

Thanks =)

kiko_friendly

when i got on there i could not really see a general point, would be cool if that was clearer but other than that it's altogether great

Whitefox

Just had a good run through your site Southy :)

Very uplifting and valuable content.

After looking through and reading comments above I would say it has a great/clean feel to it but I'm a bit bias because I'm a graphic designer and rely on directing visitors graphically. There's no need to flood your site with graphics but a few well-placed images to help the viewer to identify where they are and what it's about would be great! - you could even create the graphics out of whate so they are very subtle and it would enhance the look you already have.

Spin

I just finished reviewing your site, and at first glance, I thought there should be more graphics, but as soon as I started getting into the content and exploring more, the graphics didn’t seem as important. There was a lot of information which I found to be very inspiring. I am a teacher and I enjoyed your site very much. I am going to start using some of the “From the Heart” quotes on my board every morning. I think that it is great that you used html to develop the site. I believe most people are now using software such as Dreamweaver. (I could be wrong) I have just a few suggestions for your site and that would be to use a variety of attention grabbing fonts (but not so much that readers can not read the content), and possibly make the font larger for those of us who’s eyes aren’t what they used to be. Also maybe a bit more color to draw attention to different things in you site. Over all I believe that your site was well done, and I enjoyed reading the content in it.

Louise

paige1

Layout is fine, but it is content that really makes a site. Yours has plently. The site is simple, but that may be a good thing. Two points on the font size would make all that you have written that much easier to read.

Southy

Spin said:
I just finished reviewing your site, and at first glance, I thought there should be more graphics, but as soon as I started getting into the content and exploring more, the graphics didn’t seem as important. There was a lot of information which I found to be very inspiring. I am a teacher and I enjoyed your site very much. I am going to start using some of the “From the Heart” quotes on my board every morning. I think that it is great that you used html to develop the site. I believe most people are now using software such as Dreamweaver. (I could be wrong) I have just a few suggestions for your site and that would be to use a variety of attention grabbing fonts (but not so much that readers can not read the content), and possibly make the font larger for those of us who’s eyes aren’t what they used to be. Also maybe a bit more color to draw attention to different things in you site. Over all I believe that your site was well done, and I enjoyed reading the content in it.

Louise

Thanks Louise for your comments,

I'm glad to hear how you use quotes from my website every morning for your students, that is what I had initially intended my site to be for, for everyone to use, read and learn from, be happy and inspire, cause it almost seems the world is lacking things like that these days. I hope you can share my website with others to keep the inspiration going! :)

As for your other comments, I find using html is much better because you can customize it exactly the way you want it to be, and any errors or when things are misplaced, they are much easier to fix, at least in my eyes. I tried using programs such as dreamweaver once and I didnt like it at all, believe it or not I found it more of a pain to make things the way I wanted them to be, so I always stuck with the html ways. Always stick to what your good at right?

I will however work on making the font sizes bigger, many people on here seem to think the same thing, so it is definately sometihng I will consider. I kind of thought the same thing too on how you said that graphics arent all that important, especially since content is more important and is more the main purpose of my website, lots of good reading. Look for new updates soon! :)

Southy

jbrown456 said:
This page Cannot be displayed error :eek:

Yeah I have seen this happen a few times in the past, I'm sorry guys, the reason for it is because I host my website from my own server that I run at home and hense when the power goes out, unfortunately so does my website. But I do my best to keep it up and alive, so if for some reason it doesnt work for you, dont worry it will be up again very soon!

Southy

paige1 said:
Layout is fine, but it is content that really makes a site. Yours has plently. The site is simple, but that may be a good thing. Two points on the font size would make all that you have written that much easier to read.
Thanks for the comments, I shall take them into consideration in my next update which will be soon, lots of new content to add, look for it soon! :)

Southy

Hey all, any new visitors feel free to visit my site and let me know what you think.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am currently in the works of adding some new features including the use of my own cgi script, as well as plenty new updated articles to read. If you have anything to share that I could put on my website, or any comments, please let me know. Thanks!