Qwerkey! pushing the right button!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think the site looks really good. I like the color scheme and the use of color.
The main negative comment is that there doesnt appear to be title tags on a number of the pages.
And perhaps where it says "pushing the right button" perhaps some text to indicate that you offer web design services, as I think it is important that visitors should at a glance be able to tell exactly what the site is about.

Kiwiberry

Nice site! Great setup, but the purpose of the site was a little cloudy. Once again, Ian's on top of things.

StephanieCordray

ian's always on top of things,lol. I rarely comment on a site that he's already reviewed because he almost always says the same things I would say and more.

RAJO

agree
i miss the site purpose
although i like your works and the sites on your portfolio are very good (flash experts)

timmytots

Is it better now?

I've added page titles to nearly all of 'em. The header links back to homepage, the spacing is even and brief explainations are clear on the top right.

Cheers. :confused:

kiko_friendly

Nice looking site, easy to navigate through the pages BUT here are some things that I really think you should consider:
Add some headers so as we all know what is what!
Add an introduction so as people don't get lost before they get started.
You might want to change your body font size to a smaller font and move it all into a div blog so as it fits onto the page without scrolling (or much).

That's just my opinion but the headers may do well.
P.S. Post back and I will reply on here cause I have no life and am always online.

timmytots

Thanks Kiko_friendly.

I assume you wrote that before my update. I've changed the headers to state clearly what I offer and they all link back to the homepage. I don't want to put a description on homepage as I feel i'd lose the clarity and simplicity i'm after. The links (art + theory, design etc are self explanatory). I'm trying to get a Space Invaders feel to it, hence the green text on black bar, whilst also making it seem elegant or sophisticated.

Thanks.

Stay tuned because I have so much more of my Art and ideas to upload. I've got to go through the laborious task of finding and then optimising them all for the web. :mad:

p.s. I'm pretty all the time!

StephanieCordray

True, but I'd hate to have people think we're ignoring them.

true normally but sometimes I feel like i talk too much here. When I look at the board and half the threads have my name on them as last poster, I tend to back off a bit.

StephanieCordray

Well, first off, I have some trouble with the bevels, one is really an issue, the other is personal preference... the issue first: The bevel on your header is too deep... the text on the right side starts above where the bevel ends. This can be disconcerting. It looks okay on the left side but not so okay on the right.

The other bevels I have problems with are at the bottom of the main page... haven't gotten any further than that but I really don't care for those bevels on the pics. The pics are nice and all but the bevel doesn't help them at all.

I like the flash but I think the text is too light. It wasn't readily apparent that those were links unless you just happen to move the mouse over them so something needs to be done so it is clear those are links. I don't suppose it matters a whole lot since you have those same links just above but the text is still too light.

Went to another page and again the bevels stopped me. On your art + thery page, the bevel is cutting off the warning symbol and it just does not gel with the rest of the site. Your other bevels from vector graphics work fine with me so I'm not totally against bevels.

You are a fine artist and with some small refinements I believe the site should bring you lots of business.

Edited to add: Better?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
what does all of this below have to do with anything, I would be inclined to get rid of it.
1991 (tennis) Schools Championships 10/U Winner
1991 (tennis) Poole Championships 11/U Winner
1991-2 (table tennis) Hampshire T.T.A. Wilshere Cup 12/U Winner
1991-2 (table tennis) B.T.T.A. 13/U Runner Up
1992 (table tennis) Dorset T.T.A. M/X Doubles Winners
1992 (tennis) Dorset 12/U Doubles Winners
1992 (tennis) Quay House Runner Up
1992 (tennis) Dorset 12/U Runner Up
1992-3 (table tennis) B.T.T.A. Division 2 Runners Up
1993 (tennis) Boys Singles 14/U Winner
1993 (tennis) NatWest Knockout Runner Up
1993 (cricket) County Cricket 13/U Winners
1993 (tennis) V.W. Section Winner
1994 (tennis) Match Point 14/U Doubles Winners
1994 (tennis) Alverstoke Boys Ratings 14/U Winner
1994 (tennis) Dorset Junior Closed Winner
1994-5 (table tennis) B.T.T.A. Div. 4 IND Runner Up
1994-5 (table tennis) B.T.T.A. 15/U Runner Up
1995 (table tennis) Dorset T.T.A. Winner
1995 (table tennis) F.S.R.C. Runner Up
1995 (tennis) Dorset Junior Closed Winner
1995 (tennis) Midland Bank League 15/U Winne
Also on that same page, http://www.qwerkey.co.uk/about.html there are a few images which are not displaying and showing empty placeholders.

timmytots

Well, firstly it's to show off. To tell everyone that I'm good at everything, including sport. Secondly, I like to rebel against the traditional CV that is boring and mundane. Thirdly, when I get other people on my team I'd like 'em all to put something a little detached from computing, as the games I wish to produce are all geared towards getting people away from the screen.

The images are just being slow to upload.

Thanks.

StephanieCordray

ummm.... no they aren't slow to load... they consistently don't show up... I have broadband... if that's slow to load, then you need different images anyway.

trust ian to find the one page i didn't look at yesterday.

timmytots

No, no, no. What I mean is that I've uploaded my site along with the images in question, and it hasn't yet updated itself. So, it's a problem i'm just waiting to see change, rather than a problem i haven't yet fixed. My ISP takes a while sometimes, especially with folders (which is what i've put all the little pics into).

p.s. i've transformed the site again. It's much more elegant and darker. I'm starting to get very happy with it. I've also changed the name and am going to get the domain soon. Qwerkey! just isn't saying what the site is becoming.

:)

Last edited: