Problems with site in IE on PC

suz

The space between the navigation buttons goes away in IE if you remove the BR tag from between the buttons. I haven't had a chance to look at the rest because I'm on a crappy computer at the moment which takes forever to load things.

Arkette

AD Design said:
I am new to website design and relied heavily on Dreamweaver to write the code
Given this site is for a {professional} web design company, I think you've got a lot of nerve.

AD Design

"Nice" reply

Arkette,
Wow, you must get a whole lot of work based on your "professional" attitude. I'm sure you never insult your customers and you created perfect websites right out of the womb.

I joined this forum in hopes of learning more and having a comfortable place to seek advice. Your comment has turned me off enough that I may just find another place where I won't be judged on the fact that I am a beginner.

I sometimes forget that there are a%*holes in this world. Thanks for reminding me.

AD Design

Thank you, suz

suz,
I do appreciate your comment and willingness to help despite the fact that I'm a beginner and the site is far from perfect.

I do however think I'll be leaving this forum.

ISDProductions

wow, that does look screwy.....Your problem comes from using layers...I would suggest you research creating liquid pages, either through the use of tables or css. I don't think arkette meant to insult you, its just if you expect people to pay you money to create a website for them, you should know what your doing (example, what if you payed someone for the result you have now, you'd be angry I'm guessing) Please don't take offense to this, its simply some advise to save you trouble in the long run

AD Design

Thanks

Thanks. I fixed it myself.

The client is my boss, I work for the company and he's paying me. Just like he pays me to design postcards, brochures, logos, stationery. He's aware that I am new to web programming and he appreciates the fact that I'm trying to build the site in house so he doesn't have to pay some outside programmer to build it (at some huge hourly rate) just to have them screw up the design (his experience in the past).

suz

Don't worry Addesign, the page looks good and everyone makes mistakes at the start. You've done a great job.

Arkette

If you're still listening then can I say that after reading your response, it's fairly obvious that my original comments should have been directed at your boss and not you. Having read your opening statement and then gone onto the site to see what the problem was. Staring me in the face is a company that offers a professional website design service to others. You have to see how that must look. Please don't leave the forum on my account.

AD Design

Web "design" vs. Web "programming"

"Staring me in the face is a company that offers a professional website design service to others."

Arkette,
Thank you for clarification of the point you were trying to make in your initial response. I suppose I would have preferred an extended explanation initially instead of feeling you offered criticism with no advice. I know I'm new to this and won't do things right the first time. But I'm trying to learn.

I'd like to point out that I believe there is a difference between having the ability to "design" a website for a client and having the ability to write code. Our business does offer website "design" services and we have created website designs for clients. We do not however, at this point, code any site in house. We have hired a professional programmer to do so for past projects. Due to the fact that our site for our office is an in-house design, my boss decided to take that opportunity to allow our entire staff to learn more about the programming side. If it had turned out that I, or anyone else in the office, could not produce a properly functioning site, he'd send the design we created to someone who could. But that programmer wouldn't be the "designer."

Arkette

I accept your distinction, I withdraw my original comment, I apologise for any upset I may have caused you and I am pleased that you have resolved your problem. All the best,
Arkette.