Please help with this code

cooper.derek

Im making a page for ordering so when you click the order now link it opens a window and so you can order products and other stuff. But what am I doing wrong? First off, when you click the link it makes the pop up with the order page but it also makes the main window go to the order page. also I need the link to be plain white and I have the code as FFFFFF but its not working.. Thanks.. here are my codes..

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
<!--
/****************************************************
Author: Eric King
Url: http://redrival.com/eak/index.shtml
This script is free to use as long as this info is left in
Featured on Dynamic Drive script library (http://www.dynamicdrive.com)
****************************************************/
var win=null;
function NewWindow(mypage,myname,w,h,scroll,pos){
if(pos=="random"){LeftPosition=(screen.width)?Math.floor(Math.random()*(screen.width-w)):100;TopPosition=(screen.height)?Math.floor(Math.random()*((screen.height-h)-75)):100;}
if(pos=="center"){LeftPosition=(screen.width)?(screen.width-w)/2:100;TopPosition=(screen.height)?(screen.height-h)/2:100;}
else if((pos!="center" && pos!="random") || pos==null){LeftPosition=0;TopPosition=20}
settings='width='+w+',height='+h+',top='+TopPosition+',left='+LeftPosition+',scrollbars='+scroll+',location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,resizable=yes';
win=window.open(mypage,myname,settings);}
// -->
</script>
^^ I think this code is fine^^

<td align="center"><b><font color="#FFFFFF" face="Arial" size="+2"><span style="font-size:24">><a href="order.html" onclick="NewWindow(this.href,'ORDER','450','600','yes','center');return false" onfocus="this.blur()">ORDER NOW</a></span></font></b></td>
^^ I think this is the code that needs fixed.. Thanks^^

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
the main browser window is going to the order page, because you are telling it too. lol. also, you have an extra pointy bracket thingy in their. try changing the second portion of code to...
Code:
<td align="center"><b><font color="#FFFFFF" face="Arial" size="+2"><span style="font-size:24">
<a href="#" onclick="NewWindow(this.href,'ORDER','450','600','yes','cen ter');return false" onfocus="this.blur()">
ORDER NOW</a></span></font></b></td>

the part that is really confusing me is that you are declaring the font style twice. :shrug: that's probably why the browser us having trouble displaying the link in the proper color.