pageRanking

amlouk

hello every body...
i want to know why the page rank on my site decreases day after day even the number of visitors increases is there a problem in my website 1000mots.com
NB: the number of traffic increases because i put time and effort and not due to search engines please help im going crazy

EDITED by ronaldroe: Removed link just to ensure there were no shenanigans here.

Last edited by a moderator:

chrishirst

Staff member
i want to know why the page rank on my site decreases day after day even the number of visitors increases is there a problem
The two are NOT related or connected in any way, and checking rank will NEVER tell you anything useful as the results are rarely (if ever) the same two hours running.

http://webmaster-talk.eu/en/article...earch-engines/4-rankings-and-the-google-dance
http://fixcourse.com/seo-rankings/
http://searchengineland.com/5-reasons-why-rankings-are-a-poor-measure-of-success-13258

the number of traffic increases because i put time and effort and not due to search engines please help im going crazy
Then why do you even care???

You are doing EXACTLY THE RIGHT THING, by developing the traffic and conversions for yourself, then you can NEVER be subject to the loss of revenue due to updates or algorithm changes.

And; 1000mots??? Are you aware that "mot" or "mott" is a English slang term for female genitalia?

chrishirst

Staff member
Yep I know what it means in French, I was pointing out that sometimes words can have other connotations or meaning in other languages, and there are many examples of domain names taking on a whole different meaning than what the owner originally intended.

Pen Island >>> penisland.com

terapist.com >>> The Rapist

expertsexchange.com >>> Expert Sex Change

and so on.

StevenD

These days, I do not think that there is connection between PR and SERP. Even low PR pages ranking well than high PR pages in SERP. So, you do not have to worry about drop of your PR. It may be due to your recent backlinks or may be your content is not unique or etc. In between, It is good that you are getting more traffic other than Google. However, I would suggest to improve your SERP on Google to get more traffic :)

Mike Arrow

Well, even today there is a correlation between page rank and traffic to a degree, but the two no longer go hand-in-hand as it used to. You could have been easily dropped by couple of authority websites that used to link to you and now for whatever reason they're not. But like most people are saying, don't pay close attention to your page rank, as long as you're getting the traffic and good serp on google you're doing good.

chrishirst

Staff member
So, you do not have to worry about drop of your PR. It may be due to your recent backlinks or may be your content is not unique or etc. In between,
Content is absolutely nothing at all to do with PageRank (PR), unique or not.

Also SGB PR is only exported three maybe four times a year at fairly random intervals so any "fluctations" are simply because the "toolbarqueries" datacentres that you are looking at has not yet been synchronised.

akshay

Banned
I do not think that there is connection between PR and SERP. Even low PR pages ranking well than high PR pages in SERP. So, you do not have to worry about drop of your PR. It may be due to your recent backlinks or may be your content is not unique or etc.

jumpingspider

Yep I know what it means in French, I was pointing out that sometimes words can have other connotations or meaning in other languages, and there are many examples of domain names taking on a whole different meaning than what the owner originally intended.

Pen Island >>> penisland.com

terapist.com >>> The Rapist

expertsexchange.com >>> Expert Sex Change

and so on.

Great point of view there Christ!

mastermind1212

Content is absolutely nothing at all to do with PageRank (PR), unique or not.

Also SGB PR is only exported three maybe four times a year at fairly random intervals so any "fluctations" are simply because the "toolbarqueries" datacentres that you are looking at has not yet been synchronised.

I agreed with Chrishirst. He is a champ.

martinsherman

If you want to improve your site pagerank then try to get good quality back inks for your website.

Go for SEO link building techniques like Forum Posting, Blog Posting, Social Bookmarking, Directory Submission etc.
Include good unique quality content in your website and update your site with fresh content from time to time.these factors will be helpful in improving your site pagerank.

kitson

You should build internal links in a good way besides your external links. Traffic is not the only way to increase the page rank of your site.