Operating system preference

eod

I use multiple operating systems for different reasons. Windows 7 primarily for gaming, media streaming. Mac OS X for day-to-day use and most coding. Linux via terminal for web hosting.

CaldwellYSR

Anything but Windows! ;) I have a macbook that I use most of the time and an old windows desktop that got a nasty virus and I'm going to fix it and put Fedora Linux on it.

If I had to stick with one OS for the rest of my life it would be Fedora Linux

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
OSX Snow Leopard.

Lion is OK, but two things they did which has really pissed me off.
first of all reverse scrolling (are you ****ing serious? - lucky it CAN be changed) and then they royally screwed up text edit. oh hang on cant save that any more just "save a version" where? who knows. lets make it 14px. then print, whoa hang on why is my font now 7px? stupid idiots. why try to screw with the system when a plain text editor should just be that. at least thats something MS have got right with notepad.

as for windows. XP...still, I use win7 all the time for web dev but it just feels like a cheap fisherprice toy for kiddies (and dont even get me started on anything related to "office" since they forced us to use the "ribbon"...sorry guys, open office for me now...again a perfect example of the "if it ain't broken..." XP is still solid and stable enough for me to do much more "pushing" of my system than win7 can ever do.

I'd still go 3.1 over vista any day of the year.

CaldwellYSR

Lion is OK, but two things they did which has really pissed me off.
first of all reverse scrolling (are you ****ing serious? - lucky it CAN be changed) and then they royally screwed up text edit. oh hang on cant save that any more just "save a version" where? who knows. lets make it 14px. then print, whoa hang on why is my font now 7px? stupid idiots. why try to screw with the system when a plain text editor should just be that. at least thats something MS have got right with notepad.

Yeah I don't get why they had to screw with text edit so much. I don't really ever use it though luckily. As for the scrolling I really like the reversed scrolling. I agree with the idea of if it aint broke don't fix it but I've never had a problem adapting to the scrolling and now I find it confusing to use other MacBooks and try to scroll.