New Website made in Magento

Henaro

The general layout is good. I like how the footer looks. I don't like your color choice though. :-(

hawk12online

Nice, clean design.

One thing I would say though would be to centre the Nav bar near the top of the page (the Nav bar reads E-commerce solutions, CD Book Design). Other than that, nice job.

:)

philnolan3d

Personally, as a casual viewer, it looks a little busy to me. I don't know where to look first. Also just from the front page without drilling further in, I honestly have no idea what this site is for. A book auther? a store? On the technical side there's a bit of a glitch. On my 1920x1080 monitor there are some grey and black colored shapes near the sides of the screen, as can be seen in my screenshot.

Attachments

• site_glitch.jpg
    site_glitch.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:

philnolan3d

I'm trying to give constructive criticism here, I really don't want to sound like a jerk. But I'm wondering if I'm looking at the same website as all of these other commenters. I don't see clean and simple anywhere. I see giant images all over the place with a small bit of text buried in the middle which I didn't even see the first time I looked at the site. If you've ever seen the movies or read the books about Stuart Little this reminds of his house. A tiny little house surrounded by NYC skyscrapers. A good design should lead the viewer around the piece, showing them what to look at when they're finished with the current thing they're looking at. See the Golden Ratio and how it is used in art
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio

Also the title of the page. I'm sorry but this pretty much sounds like random words strung together:
"Service for E-commerce shop made in Magento Welcome to Website1Service"

globalseo

1. you have a lot of images at the home page as a viewer on this site this is very destructible.
2. i just don't like the frog in your banner...why and what's the purpose of your frog?is that your logo? LOGO: should represent the purpose of your company
3. HOME PAGE
Try to discuss the services you're offering, achievements etc..
4. portfolio should have their own page..

rrj

I finally selected Magento for my new website:
this is the link

What do you think of the general layout?

Hello nice website.. i would like to know how are your links working without a index.php in the url...
im also building a website using magento.. i have set my url rewrites to on... but because of tht the index.php disappears n im unable to access other links...
if i set my url rewrites to off then the url of my first page become www.xxx.com/index.php/ n the flash banners on the homepage dont load.. can u tell me the solution to this prob..

atco123

site review

website is looking good approximately, color combination is also ok but your site has many images i.e 63 and due to this, your site is take time to load.

orangecopper

why would nt u use the default MAgento theme that would look pretty impressive, this is also not bad though..Good job ):

cheers
Joshu

Richardvd

I don't like your design, your logo looks cheap. Please take a look at the official magento website, on the mageto connect pages you can see better templates.