New website and hosting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfeinstein

I have a pet grooming spa and i like to get a website a basic one like a 3-4 page where people can look it the salon ,check out the prices, etc wont sell anything strickly information and pics wopuld be up!

can anyone recomend a good hosting plan with nice web building tools?

i found godaddy,aplus.net they around $7-8
is there any reliableone out there?
except any help!
thx

Slushie

For free web design programs I'd suggest Trellian WebPage (http://www.trellian.com/webpage/index.html) and the Composer in SeaMonkey (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/) Both are good free programs, and can do an alright job.

And if you only have 3-4 pages, anyone who just has around 10 pages or less or so, may want to look at an ad-free host, there are many. Or a hosting company that offers cheap yearly rates, like $15 a year.

As for GoDaddy Hosting, I say stay away, I've heard some bad things. I friend of mine used them, doesn't anymore for good reason.

kristi

Web Host

I agree about the godaddy hosting. I had a client with them and they downgraded the functionality of the webstats program that comes with the hosting account to coax people into their 'new' paid stats....not cool!

I host all my sites with www.apixl.com - a cpanel host (trust me, you've got to have cpanel!)
It includes fantastico which has dozens of open source scripts you can install very easily through the control panel. Joomla is awesome for community sites, cubecart equally cool for ecommerce....I could go on because I just love it! Most are template based so changing the look is fairly easy too.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i presently use fastnext.com and haven't had any complaints. i have also used hostway.com some years ago (it's been at least 6 years or so now) and their prices do reflect in their service. you get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.