New Web Design Service With Awesome Rates!

RKdesigns

At RKdesigns I have launched the site, and therefore my web design services. My site is rkdesigns.org.org.

I offer high quality, professional-looking sites for awesome rates. If you need a web designer for your personal site, portfolio, or business look no further.

Visit rkdesigns.org.org for more information.

Last edited:

RKdesigns

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys! I realize I still have a lot of learning still. I'm feeling that this site and my work could use a few improvements/pointers. Any constructive criticism/suggestions for me?

dwhs

Well, I'm obviously stating that I am not a professional and looking for tips for improving. Negative comments serving no purpose but to insult me are not necessary.

It's o.k. to have people criticize just today I had someone say our main side was horrible. So I asked what his was like and well it was straight from the 90's just take it with a grain of salt and stay strong.

Good luck with your BIZ

Email advice

Richard,
One idea is a better way to post your email address on your contact page. I realize you are trying to avoid spam with the "gmail dot com". You could do this more professionally by including a clickable "mailto:" link, and doing the same for your clients, by just including a bit of Javascript in an "onload" event for the <body> tag to fill in the email address. As an example:

function setEmail() {
var hrefto = "mail" + "to:";
var mailadd = "richardtknepp" + "@gma" + "il." + "com";
document.getElementById("sendmail").href = hrefto + mailadd;
document.getElementById("sendmail").innerHTML = mailadd;
}

Then where you want the clickable link on the page, just write, with appropriate css in your style sheet to format:

<a id="sendmail"></a>

I have successfully used this technique to avoid coding an actual email address that can be read by spambots. It may not fool all of them, but can help to solve the spam problem.

Good luck!

RKdesigns

Richard,
One idea is a better way to post your email address on your contact page. I realize you are trying to avoid spam with the "gmail dot com". You could do this more professionally by including a clickable "mailto:" link, and doing the same for your clients, by just including a bit of Javascript in an "onload" event for the <body> tag to fill in the email address. As an example:

function setEmail() {
var hrefto = "mail" + "to:";
var mailadd = "richardtknepp" + "@gma" + "il." + "com";
document.getElementById("sendmail").href = hrefto + mailadd;
document.getElementById("sendmail").innerHTML = mailadd;
}

Then where you want the clickable link on the page, just write, with appropriate css in your style sheet to format:

<a id="sendmail"></a>

I have successfully used this technique to avoid coding an actual email address that can be read by spambots. It may not fool all of them, but can help to solve the spam problem.

Good luck!

Thank you! I was concerned myself about the way that looks. It seems like such an obvious solution, now that I think about it.

Absolution

I noticed on the Tiqae site that you used tables (if you seen my website I do the same lol).

Unfortunately for us, table designs are something from HTML 3.0. Now HTML 5 has header, footer, nav, article, div and other tags to more clearly layout the website. You will find that by using those tags will make your website much more accessible and easier to update, and then you can use tables for actual tables of things instead of layouts.

Oh and one pitfall, the new section tag isnt a tag to section off the body of your website. It is more useful for like chapters or parts within the body that have a title. If you have anymore questions about HTML 5 tags, you can send me a message and we can figure it out together! :D