New site-Feedback required

afitzgerald

Hi Everyone

We have just launched our brand new holiday home rental site PlacesToStay.com. I would love to hear any feedback you may have on the design and any recommendations you may have for improvements

We designed the site with the goal of establishing a strong brand identity and also took a responsive web design approach to the site to accommodate iphone and ipad users.

The whole booking process was also simplified, making it easy for the user to access and interact with the booking engine. We believe that good imagery for each of the properties listed is essential in the overall offering of the site, so the site design also accommodates this.

We have also highlighted the property facilities and introduced an effective filter system which allows users to quickly find the property to suit each individual taste.

Thanks for taking time out to check out the site

Regards

Aidan

wirkkalaj

Well. It's a very nice site. I thought it was a bit confusing at first. There is a lot of images and not much to tell you about what the site is. It seemed a bit cluttered at first. Perhaps a bit larger margin between the two columns on the bottom half, and maybe a bit more information at the top. That was just my first impression. After browsing for a minute I was able to get my bearings. The prices are actually not that bad.

GUDVH

Hi afitzgerald,

I love the coloring of your website. It looks great! You offer 3 currencies view option. That's great. Easy navigation, beautiful detailed photos of each location, and lots of information..

Though I would criticize, but just cannot find anything wrong with your site :)

Ireland it is!

leroy30

The logo needs to be sharpened on the banner; you can see the JPG artifacting. Make it a transparent PNG and layer it on top of your banner JPG.

The banner is too BOOM IN YOUR FACE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I almost left, simply because of that. Only after I calmed down did I have time to think, well it looks nice! What I'm getting at is whilst it's aesthetic, it may not have the best usability and strategy in mind. Perhaps have a play around with this element.

The listings themselves look very nice and polished. Me likey.

Overall (and without clicking too deep), very nice design.

serlak2007

Too much action going on before the fold. Images look nice but even after 5 minutes spent on the site I've struggled to understand what the site is about... After I clicked on something (I assume it was a town or an island, still trying to figure out) the landing page looked very nice. However, my laptop can fit only 2.5 listings, which is quite annoying, taking into account that I have 17" screen.

Individual listings pages look great, I see how much work has been put into it... Kudos to people who were doing it, great job.