New Business Card Design

helloworld

So here's the new card.. this is a mockup printed on shitty paper off of my personal home printer, so it will be better quality before I begin handing them out.. I welcome criticisms.

Attachments

• bcard-2.jpg
    bcard-2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,795

DHDdirect

Hello

I'd say it's a bit hard to notice what your company does unless you actually read the card. This would be ok if you plan on handing out the cards but if you have it pinned up somewhere people may not notice it unless they are bored and have plenty of time to scan. So saying that, I'd suggest making the word 'design' a bit larger and straight possibly under your company name.

I also don't think ALL your information should be capitalized. You want potential customers to see that you can proof read your work and you have proper grammar.

My suggestion to that is to lay out your info as such:

Code:
Joe Benak, Website Craftsman
www.helloworlddesignco.com
[email protected]

*I wrapped it in code tags because the forum make the addresses hyperlinks automatically.

Last edited:

che09

I like your card,it's clean. But,I have to agree with DHDdirect,you need not to capitalized all the information. :)

krymson

Looks nice... imma have to start designing mine and have a printing company start printing them... luckily one of my clients is a printing company so i got the hook up XD let me know if i can help you guys out on business cards too

helloworld

thanks forum!
I agree with you guys.. lowercase works better.

I think it looks better with less content, of course, but..
QUESTION:
Do you guys think the world is smart enough to realize [email protected] is an email address without the label?
Compare with my original post.

@DHDdirect: It's a bit hard to tell cause the picture is blurred.. but the "Website Craftsman" (Which you guys CAN'T STEAL) is pure white while the other text is a really light blue.

thanks!

Attachments

• bcard-3.jpg
    bcard-3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:

DHDdirect

I'm not going to be too critical about the logo. It looks pleasing as it is but it was something that popped into mind so I figured I'd meantion it.

Yes, the information looks much better. If someone doesn't realize that is a email address and a website address or heck even a phone number then they should have no business wanting a website :)

It is a very clean and attractive business card. Well Done!.. oh and I wont steal website craftsman even though it's very clever ;-)

** Oregon is beautiful by the way. The wife and I stayed at Ainsworth State Park for a few weeks just before winter hit. Awesome are.

Last edited:

BMA

Banned
I liked the first one. It looked like a designer did it. All your clients are going to force you to make the same, boring, conservative, cookie-cutter stuff, so you might as well have fun with your own stuff.

I thought it was creative and intelligent how the logo was in all lower case and the text was in all uppers. It was easy enough to read. This also made it stand out. The second one is too conservative for a design firm's business card.

What about the back? With my printing service, printing on the back costs very little extra. Could be a chance to list some your rock bottom prices or sales strengths that will make your key audience want to call.

JackRT

One more vote for lower case letters... white/blue? My fav combination... Website Craftsman??? I am going to become a webdesigner JUST to put that sexy title in my business card!!

printchesco

The best advice here would be to fix the typography: center the "hello", don't capitalize everything, fix the kerning and the tracking. Otherwise, the simple design seems to work to a certain degree. It is true, though, that people without background in programming or website design will be able to glean enough from your card at one glance to tell what your business is all about.

abd_webdesign

thanks forum!
I agree with you guys.. lowercase works better.

I think it looks better with less content, of course, but..
QUESTION:
Do you guys think the world is smart enough to realize [email protected] is an email address without the label?
Compare with my original post.

@DHDdirect: It's a bit hard to tell cause the picture is blurred.. but the "Website Craftsman" (Which you guys CAN'T STEAL) is pure white while the other text is a really light blue.

thanks!

I think ppl would know that was an email. That's actually how I have my card! :)

helloworld

since people are still commenting.. here's the latest version.
logo has changed a bit and i made the white/light blue text colors more noticeable.
..and upgraded the paper

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 37