Need your guy's help CSS work

Raza

Hey guys,
quick intro.
My name is Raza, I live in Ny and just started getting really into grahpic/web design.

Here's my problem. A client hired me to make her a web site, I orginally used tables, now I'm using layers using Dreamweaver 8. The website index page (can see at www.thinkelc.com) works fine. When I open the site in FF or Netscape, it doesn't look so hot. I need this fixed pronto. I'm not asking for someone to do the site, jsut someone to point out what I'm doing wrong. This site needs to be up by thursday.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Raza

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
the only way you can come close to having the site look the same each browser is by having separate css files for each browser. you would then use a bit of server side code to determine the users browser and have the proper css file included into the page accordingly.

each browser interprets css, amongst other things, differently. so much for w3c compliance. lol

easiest solution for the time being, would be to stick with tables until you got your css problems under control.

sorry i wasn't of more help.

Raza

Man, how lame. Back to tables i go :D

The only way to make it compatible with all browsers is to have an external style sheet for each browser?

Artoonie

Man, how lame. Back to tables i go :D

The only way to make it compatible with all browsers is to have an external style sheet for each browser?
it's the best way to maintain all styles. for example, on firefox, you can have a dashed border, but on IE, you may can't. to make it work on all browsers, you can tone it down or make different stylesheets.