Managing Two Domains on Shared Web Hosting

dignan

Hi. I have shared web hosting with iWeb and I recently acquired a second domain. I use Transmit to connect to the server.

The problem is that once I log into my server via Transmit my public html is full of documents for my first domain. How do I organize documents for my second domain?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

DHDdirect

There are many things you can be trying to achieve here.

1. You can point the second domain to the same location of the other website content.
2. You can point the second domain to a subdomain within the other website so it may have it's own contents.
3. You can point the second domain to a completely separate hosting package.

I'm assuming you are trying to achieve the second one but i'm not sure. Generally web hosting is setup for one main domain with the option to add subdomains.

dignan

Thanks for the reply.

I have, at this point, created an addon domain. I want my new domain to be independent from my first one. For example, www.firstdomain.com and www.seconddomain.com. The issue is that when I log onto to my ftp server via Transmit, my public html folder is filled with information from my first domain, so I don't know how to upload content for my second domain. So I'm not sure I'm trying to accomplish any three of the options you listed...

dignan

I figured it out. There is a folder in Transmit under public html specifically for my second domain. Thanks for helping anyway.