Looking for critique!

GUDVH

What is it exactly you want people to "critique" on? I believe you can get some helps from the good folks if you are more specific about your asking.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is it exactly you want people to "critique" on? I believe you can get some helps from the good folks if you are more specific about your asking.

It's in the "Website Reviews" section, and she's asking for a critique on the her site. What more information do you need?

Regarding the site, it's "cute". The major problem is: what do you do? what's the site for? who are you? what incentive to I have to stay on your site?

There is nothing on the front page of the site to indicate what it's for, who you are or what services you provide, if any. Not to mention, the icons don't mean anything without context. The average user isn't going to know to click the theta icon to go to your soundcloud page. Remember, above all things, content is king. You can have the ugliest site around, but if you have readable, relevent content you'll blow away "cuteness" any day of the week.

I'm not bashing the look of it. It could maybe use some color, but if monochromatic is what you're going for, that's fine. You just need content. Throughout the site. Take a look at your videos page. I see videos, but what am I looking at? Is that a service you provide, or just a collection of your videos? If you made them, what part did you have in it? Were they client work? If so, what problem did you have to solve for them?

I could keep going, but I suspect you get the idea. Again, the design is cute, but that won't make people stay. Not to mention, search engines really don't have anything to index.

Final thought: the little head in the corner that changes when you click it? It's cute and it's a nice touch, but it gets in the way a little bit. I find myself having to scroll up and down to see things that are behind it.

GUDVH

It would be nice if kkoenig226 specifically ask questions like:

1. When you visit the site, what is your first impression of what the site is about?

2. Does the site need more context? If so, what would you recommend? .. "Not to mention, the icons don't mean anything without context. The average user isn't going to know to click the icon to go to your sound cloud page."

Great ADVICE Ronald Roe: "Remember, above all things, content is king. You can have the ugliest site around, but if you have readable, relevent content you'll blow away "cuteness" any day of the week. "

p.s.
... Ronald Roe and "I could keep going, but I suspect you get the idea. Again, the design is cute, but that won't make people stay. Not to mention, search engines really don't have anything to index" .. :p