Looking for a review

tom11011

Hi Group,

I'm interested in having my new web service reviewed.

www.followmyip.com

I'm looking specifically for two things but welcome any input.

1.) Do you understand what the application is by simply reading the introduction?
2.) Do you see any value in the service, would you use it?

Thanks in advance.

chrishirst

Staff member
You are several years behind the leaders, dyn.com, noip.com, changeip.com etc. AND a very large technology gap away, as they do not require a resource hogging browser open all the time, that is continually refreshing a URL to update the IP.

Would I use it? ... ... No!

ANY browser that is left open and refreshing for more than a few hours, will inevitably lock up as it runs out of available memory.

tom11011

Thanks for your response. I visited those three sites you listed. Those provide dynamic dns services, I just want to be able to supply an ip address to a user. Also, there is no software that gets installed on your pc to track when your ip address changes. That's how I'm differentiating what I'm doing, no software to install, quick and easy. Also, I've had my browser open for nearly 60 days now without issue. It's a free simple service too, just looking to add to my google adsense empire.

chrishirst

Staff member
It's a free simple service too, just looking to add to my google adsense empire.

So this thread is basically spam then?

Also, I've had my browser open for nearly 60 days now without issue.
Which means that it has no refresh so is not always going to pick up when the external IP changes, simply because HTTP does not maintain a connection to any user agent indefinitely without the user agent making a request to the server.