Like AOL for example....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiteExpress

I don't know enough about them to make much comment, but some information will tell you that search engines do not like those types of sites, and may ignore your site because of it.

However, if you go to Google, and search for Lincoln Park Racing, you will find listed 3rd the Lincoln Park Speedway, which is a homestead site.

StephanieCordray

I don't know anything about them either but i'll take a guess... they could be caching pages off Alexa.com which does put up thumbnails of sites' main pages... Alexa, however, does not have thumbnails for every page nor is every site on the internet listed there. The alexa toolbar kept crashing my browser so i took it off and never really learned a whole lot about how they do what they do.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Some search engines may not favour the pages very highly, but the main disadvantage is that you spend a lot of time promoting and developing the site, then if you decide to upgrade and get a domain name, all of the inbound links and search engine work is wasted.

Winterchase

Yes

ian said:
Some search engines may not favour the pages very highly, but the main disadvantage is that you spend a lot of time promoting and developing the site, then if you decide to upgrade and get a domain name, all of the inbound links and search engine work is wasted.

That's something certainly worth taking into account, and I have - now. Thanks.

Winterchase

Not yet

RAJO said:
you tell us
did your PR effected after adding your site to a freebies or not?

I haven't done it yet, that is putting it up on the freebies. Regarding my, "... PR effected after...." I'm sorry but I don't understand the question, specifically PR, in the context. Is that Public Relations, which is a very sensitive issue in my business?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
PR usually refers to Pagerank, a measuring system used by google.

StephanieCordray

Gee, this is what i get for sometimes reading all posts before i go back and reply... my reply up there should have went to another of your posts... the one about the previews on search engines. Sorry.

Winterchase

Uh?

StephanieCordray said:
Gee, this is what i get for sometimes reading all posts before i go back and reply... my reply up there should have went to another of your posts... the one about the previews on search engines. Sorry.

I'm confused. Can we start over?

StephanieCordray

You had another posting about previews on search engines. I don't remember where it is now but it's here somewhere... I'd whistle for it but I don't think it would hear me.

ISDProductions

ian said:

I dealt with this issue, by keeping the old (free)page, then got rid of all out-going links, and replaced them with just one link going to my new domainname, inside of the link i had the major keywords I wanted to build page rank on. This effectivly passed my pagerank from my free site to my new domain. Then, after your new site has been indexed, inform those sites that link to yours of the new address. no work wasted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.