IXWebHosting ?

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used them for a while. The hosting is on par with any other budget hosting service. Where they really miss the mark is their deplorable customer service. More like customer disservice...

Roddy

...their deplorable customer service.

That's interesting to me because I've had quite a lot of feedback from those I "recommended" IX to who raved about how helpful they were to rookies.

I suppose the only worthwhile advice anyone can give is to say what worked for them and leave it at that.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
these conversations keep going around and around.

the phrase "somebodies trash is another's treasure" is applicable to hosting/domains as well. For instance, some people rave about godaddy being great, I'd rather eat my eyes.

my personal approach is to find a company that you work well with, set up a reseller package through them, and push all your clients onto your reseller package.

1. only you then have to deal with the domain/hosting company
2. the clients deal with you.
3. domains are heaps cheaper for you to purchase that way.
4. you make a passive income on domains/hosting
5. its heaps easier to manage hundreds of domains and packages at once via the reseller admin.

Since the start of the year I've pushed through 126 domain names (and scored a nice profit) and set up about 20 or so hosting packages. although the profit margin on them is a little skinnier.

IMHO thats the smart way to do it.

chrishirst

Staff member
That's interesting to me because I've had quite a lot of feedback from those I "recommended" IX to who raved about how helpful they were to rookies.
Accompanied by an affiliate/referral link for the company concerned as well?

chrishirst

Staff member
:D

I think the hosting 'shills' must think the rest of the world are as dumb as they are in thinking people fall their 'recommendations'

If you want to use hosting service, its recommended to looking for review about the company, so you can decide to use the best one of hosting company.

Roddy

Would you buy a car without test driving it based on some unknown person's recommendation on the internet?

The only way to chose a hosting service is to try it yourself. Most of them will offer either a free trial or a 30 day money back guarantee.

VPSblast

Try to gather as many reviews about its web hosting services (both positive and negative) and serve these as basis in choosing web host providers.