Issues with my website indexing. Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny side

I have got a blog with decent posts that come with unique images - like this post about the FIBC bags - but it is not getting indexed, while Google would typically be quick picking up my articles. Any idea what might be going on with the website?

chrishirst

Staff member
I have got a blog with decent posts that come with unique images
What has "unique images" got to do with it?

but it is not getting indexed,
How do you know this?

Your domain name was only registered in February this year (2015) so the site it is still far too new to be having any real results.

while Google would typically be quick picking up my articles
So your 'site' has had it's "fifteen minutes of fame" where it gets shown to searchers 'high' in the search results. Now it has to earn it's place.

chrishirst

Staff member
Oh! But given that you ARE promoting yourself as an SEO in your signature, why are you even asking the question??

jainteq

This is usually a problem with new sites. Give it a few days (at least), but if Google still hasn’t indexed your site, make sure your sitemap is uploaded and working properly. If you haven’t created or submitted a sitemap, this could be your problem.

chrishirst

Staff member

Kim Kiav

Get the help of webmaster tools. In the case of Google, use the 'fetch as google' option to request a crawl of your blog URLs.

chrishirst

Staff member
use the 'fetch as google' option to request a crawl of your blog URLs.
It doesn't, the fetch as googlebot" only retrieves the source code ONCE to check for problems, it does NOT 'request a crawl' nor does it add the URL to the googlebot crawl scheduler.

Status
Not open for further replies.