Is my website Useful?

timmy2424

chrishirst

Staff member
Useful for whom????

To be perfectly honest it's one site out of ten's of thousands and there is one good one out of every thousand crap ones, guess which side of the equation your's are!

If you are going to build a "topic based" website, pick something you KNOW ABOUT and for deity's sake put it somewhere better than on "Wobbly" or whatever it's called.

Thirdly; having three crappy free sites loaded up with all the junk "work from home" money making scams schemes you can possibly find is NOT going to make you "get better" at it.

timmy2424

useful for new computer users

you can make money online making online guru, blogs, ads, website, and you cant read cause this sounds like hate comments. you mostly skimmed the site didnt sit there and read it.

chrishirst

Staff member
Oh please! "Hate comments"??? Grow up I have no idea who you are and never likely to actually meet you to find out if i like or dislike you. 'Hate' is personal not anonymous.

So; how old, 13, 15 maybe 16? Join the real world please, why would ANYONE want to "sit there and read" a bunch of badly written text or boiler plate affiliate spiel that can be read on untold thousands of pages that don't look like they fell through a time warp from 1995.

You have no idea how to write, clueless about how and where to use capital letters, your "computer products" has all the usual "Clickbank" crap that, for every five that the gullible muppets buy, FOUR of those will request refunds or initiate a 'chargeback' as soon as the discover what a lot of useless crap they have piad for. I gave up promoting clickbank junk over twelve years ago, when I realised I spent more time sending refunds and apologising for the crap I was purportedly recommending to people.

"Online guru blog", what? You'll be trying to tell me that taking "online reviews", selling "pre-paid phone cards" or being "paid to read emails" will soon have someone's bank acount overflowing with riches.

timmy2424

your right

im 21 and i am new to this, instead of the put downs help me make it better. i need help with alot of things i know my grammer, and how you make your income?

chrishirst

Staff member
As I've said before in reviews, I 'review' websites as if I was a average "man in the street" and you get to know my "first impressions". When a punter lands on any URL, the document (that you created there) has around SEVEN seconds to give the viewer a reason to stay. Your documents have NO redeeming fearures, there is nothing 'nice' that I can say about them.

I mean a "hit counter" AND a rotating Earth" just how much of the 1990's "cheese" do you need? Maybe in 2034 there will be a "1990's revival" and the "Retro" look will be envogue

But what you seem to be missing is; these are not 'put downs', because as noted earlier this is not "personal", it is my opinion of where you are going wrong with what YOU have asked for unbiased opinions of, If you want to think that my comments refarding an inanimate object which is "a document on the Internet" is a personal slur that's your problem not mine.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is really no redeeming features in any of the three.

the design is bad
the coding is bad
the ads are bad
the layout is bad
the content is bad

and that's just the "main" website.

and Chris is right-- don't take it personally, I wouldn't know you if you walked right past me in the street and frankly why would I, him, or any of us care. but as a website, these three are not memorable in any way...

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you want people to review your work, ensure the thickness of your skin is sufficient.

Also, trust that if the content of someone's opinion becomes a personal attack, the mods will handle it.

orangecopper

a site becomes useful to its intended readers or users. Think from the user point of view and a self assessment can easily be done to get an impression on the site by self. And basically if you are referring to a blog sharing just information, more informative and better organised the site is more useful.

krymson

You're asking a bunch of web developers and designers to critique your usefulness of your website... Usefulness is a point of view man... Maybe you should be asking this question to your target audience...

We're going to critique the design, usability, and functionality of your website. We're looking at is it going to load quick,, does it look right in the browser, is it going to attract visitors, are you going to be able to keep visitors on your site. This is what we do and we assume this is what you are asking for because this is a web design forum, not critique your content on a specific topic.

sittinperty

I quess it isn't bad for your first practice site! But much needs to be fixed! and how can you put poor edited text on your Website. Now Go and Fix your Mistakes! Learn from what they have told you and grow. Good Luck!

londonmoon

Rework your content. Structure your content better for people to understand and the rest will follow. Find a designer or simply try out a few free designer software kits to look presentable.