Is free hosting any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

11Sale

Do you think Free hosting is cost-effective? as it is usually slow, and most of the time, with advertisements...

Last edited:

ian

Administrator
Staff member
It may be ok to start with, but definiely not good for a site long term.
Though I have scored a free dedicated server in the past.

adx

All you need is a couple bucks and you'll have a domain +everything you could
ever want for a whole year. The second you do it you'll never go back!

kiko_friendly

Free hosting is a complete waste of time. Sure, it's good for kids that don't get all that much cash, but you can get hosting packages from somewhere as cheap as $10.00. However, domain names are not ever really cheaper than $9.00 per year.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you think Free hosting is cost-effective? as it is usually slow, and most of the time, with advertisements...
With a few exceptions, like the one ian mentioned, free hosting is complete waste of time for any serious web site owner.

Texus

Most of the free webhosts sux, but you can find few good ones too. If you dont have a serious webpage, you can easely consider to use free webhosts. I found few good free webhosts, where i also have my webpages.

Last edited by a moderator:

constanthosting

I started way back when with a free website on xoom when I realized (didn't take long lol) my dialup wasn't going to cut it. Free is good for beginners. :) Most anyone with even a slightly serious interest in having a website will almost always migrate to a domain and hosting.

Richardvd

If you make money with your website it is not safe to use free hosting, it is every day possible that your website unreachable is.

Matthew

Free hosting is good for mucking around and testing things out. Free Hosting most times is slower than paid hosting and less reliable. If you are looking to create a website that will be running for a while, and you need to keep it running, it is best to use paid hosting.

ChaosEnt

I only own a small website so do not need anything fancy or space consuming so I use a free host, I use 110mb.com - It is one of the best hosts I have came across for free hosting, in fact my previous paid host had higher downtime rate then 110mb.

There is paid features, these include and email account, MySql etc.

Matthew

I only own a small website so do not need anything I use 110mb.com

My friend uses 110mb.com and has no issues. It is a bit slow at times, but that is mainly because he is using a blog, which requires much more server load. Though as for a small website, it is a good option.

jfc

I only own a small website so do not need anything fancy or space consuming so I use a free host, I use 110mb.com - It is one of the best hosts I have came across for free hosting, in fact my previous paid host had higher downtime rate then 110mb.

There is paid features, these include and email account, MySql etc.

I used to use that a couple of years. basically it depends on what your going to be doing on your site. I used to use free hosting to just setup a forum. I used to have to post on a forum to get access to a free hosting account!
BR.png
BR.png
in the end it proved to much hassle.

Go with hostgator or bluehost their fantastic and will be more reliable than free hosters, thats assuming that you've got the money to do that.

joseduardojr

The Best Free WebHosting without banners or publicity

If you wish to have a professional shared hosting quality in a free hosting package, come and host with this company and experience the best service you can get absolutely free.

Founded in December 2006, they has a trusted free hosting members base of over 60,000 members and still counting! Offering professional quality hosting, support, uptime and reliability, we have a great community of webmasters, you'd love to be a part of!

Register now and get it all free:
*** 1500 MB of disk space
*** 100 GB of data transfer
*** PHP and MySQL support with no restrictions
*** cPanel control panel
*** Website Builder
*** Absolutely no advertising!

Join us now: http://www.000webhost.com/112733.html

joseduardojr

Hey friend you have to tray this free hosting first

Free hosting is good for mucking around and testing things out. Free Hosting most times is slower than paid hosting and less reliable. If you are looking to create a website that will be running for a while, and you need to keep it running, it is best to use paid hosting.

This is the best free WebHosting that I found on the web in comparition with cheapest pay ones the difference is not so far. If you wish to have a professional shared hosting quality in a free hosting package, come and experience the best service you can get absolutely free.

Founded in December 2006, this company has a trusted free hosting members base of over 60,000 members and still counting! Offering professional quality hosting, support, uptime and reliability, we have a great community of webmasters, you'd love to be a part of!

Register now and get it all free:
*** 1500 MB of disk space
*** 100 GB of data transfer
*** PHP and MySQL support with no restrictions
*** cPanel control panel
*** Website Builder
*** Absolutely no advertising!

Join us now: http://www.000webhost.com/112733.html

sywh

Yeah.

Depends on what you want, but honestly, you should pay for hosting. It's not as if it is costly...prices have actually gone down..and that's just nuts....hosting is already dirt cheap...between $5-10 and now major hosting companies are dropping to under $4 per months. Come on...Free hosting....nothing is free..you have to do something to get it...either give up your space on your site for ads..or even making posts for free hosting ie. yurx.com ...so it's up to you..but just pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.