• Firefox

Votes: 70 92.1%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubi

I'm new to the forum & I love online debates so I thought I would kick off my first post with this, I only just downloaded firefox and i love it, my vote goes to firefox and i will never go back! I mainly like it because it has tabbed browsing, its fast, includes spell checking, you can add extra plugins & extensions! if you use firefox already, upgrade to firefox 2 now, if you don't have it yet, download it FREE from: Firefox

Which do you prefer? please cast your vote & give your views...

jhoffman2010

Firefox is a spyware

Firefox tracks and sends everything you do. IE does not. I don't care for the new IE either so I use version 6.

Paul

There's always going to be this argument of which is the best web browser. At the end of the day, they're both equal; Internet Explorer loads faster (as it is basically part of the operating system), but Mozilla Firefox has more features. Each browser can be made out to be equal with any other. However, when coding a web site, I do think it's a lot easier to code for Firefox, because of the way it renders pages.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i don't really agree that all are equal, i would agree that it's a matter of personal preference though. their was a time when even microsoft discouraged the use of their browser due to severe security issues. the press release can still be found on floating around on the web, granted, it is a few years old now.

beside the fact that i dislike IE's new interface, the main issue that steered me away from IE over the years is it's poor standards compliant's. Firefox seems much better in that regard.

kiko_friendly

Haha. Firefox. Yeahh.

IE is more commonly used, but is WAY more popular among web designers and the like. Why's that?

They're n00bs. =^.^=

kiko_friendly

Internet Explorer loads faster? Ya mean when you start it up you don't have to wait as long for the window to pop up?

Well, I find that Firefox loads pages and new tabs faster, so poo on IE, as the startup time is worth the wait.

cooluks

firefox for me. i dislike the latest version of IE very much!!!

Firefox here also.. because IE browser can be crashed and it is prone to trojans and other viruses and malicious files unlike firefox has automatic blocker... you can add sites that are trusted and not trusted...:p

priji

Firefox is better. But you still probably want to leave IE installed. You can't download microsoft updates on firefox. And some websites (very few) don't display correctly in firefox and/or let you do downloads. But firefox is definitely better.

noxela

I Prefer Firefox.

---------------------
But there's a new browser from the makers of Mozilla, called Firefox, that's getting lots of attention--and not just from the geeky set. The Mozilla Foundation open source project, which is funded by Time Warner, IBM (nyse: IBM - news - people ) and Sun Microsystems (nasdaq: SUNW - news - people ), launched Firefox version 0.9 on June 15. Firefox 1.0 is due out by early November.

• Big Solutions For Small Business
• A Microsoft Rival Avoids Being Netscaped, For Now
• The World Of Microsoft
• Cheapware
• When Windows Breaks
• This Is War
• Linux Scare Tactics
• Poll: What will be Microsoft's next $10 billion business?

"For the first time in a while, we're seeing real momentum behind a browser other than IE," says Steve O'Grady, an analyst at enterprise software outfit Redmonk, based in Bath, Me. "Consumers are starting to use Firefox, and that has developers considering both platforms when they're building Web sites."

Internet users began switching in earnest during the summer after several security problems emerged with IE, which of course is built into Microsoft's ubiquitous Windows operating system. Microsoft (nasdaq: MSFT - news - people ) issued a patch for Windows XP, that platform's most recent iteration, but users complain that IE hasn't truly been updated since 2001. Anyone using Windows 98 or Windows 2000 who wants the most secure system has to upgrade to XP and download the patch, called Service Pack 2.

"Starting this summer we've been getting between 200,000 and 300,000 downloads a day," says Mozilla's director of engineering, Chris Hofmann. That's up from an average of about 70,000 daily downloads. Hofmann estimates that Mozilla and Firefox browsers have a total of about 25 million users.

Firefox is lauded by fans for its download speed and a superior user interface, and users say that its pop-up blocker is one of the best out there. It offers tabbed browsing, which means that users can jump back and forth between different sites with only one window open, and live bookmarks, which show users the most recent headlines on their favorite sites and lets them go directly to those articles.

------------------------------------------------
Travel Codes I
Brain Power I
Fashion Statement

Last edited:

LezUK

Newbie with first post,I downloaded Firefox because I was told that my Frontpage site was all screwy in it and it was certainly true, the speed that Firefox loads is far better than IE. I have only ever used IE before and was amazed by the difference, I for one now only use Firefox although I havn't deleted IE yet.

sushil

well i am using Netscape navigator and i think it's better for me more then firefox what say guy's can anyone using navigator.

aarathi

I use Mozilla Firefox. In my opinion, firefox is the best web browser. It is very user friendly. This web browser is faster, more secure, and fully customizable to online life. Firefox includes tabbed browsing, a spell checker, incremental find, live bookmarking, a download manager, and a search system that uses Google. Firefox runs on various versions of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and many other Unix-like operating systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.