Image Chooser

thotheolh

Hi. I would like to create a page with some sort of a mechanism that allows users to graphically choose the folder in their computers where they keep their pictures and a panel with a thumbnail preview capability for their pictures. The users could select the pictures (maybe with a checkbox for each picture) and then a send button to upload all these photo or image selected to the web server. For the server side script , I am using JSP and I have the FileUpload jar file to handle the file upload function. What I am not sure is how to design the client side in JavaScript to do the displaying of the graphical folder chooser and the thumbnail preview panel. I have in fact very little knowledge on JavaScript.

The GUI is close to those file explorers where you have some sort of a sidebar with a collapsable tree view of the folders and files on the client's computer and a central panel with all the files in their thumbnail form and on each file, there is a checkbox next to the thumbnail for selection and a label to display the file path of the file on the client side.

How do I script them in JavaScript ? Is there any examples of these visual web page file explorers already done so I can look up for some reference ?

horrorshow75

http://www.tizag.com/phpT/fileupload.php

It won't do everything you want, it will just open windows explorer or what ever file browser the local OS uses. If windows they can set their view to thumbnail and there will be no check box to select multiple images, however they may be able hold ctrl and select multiple files, not sure.

At the very least this may help point you to a google search of what you're looking for.