How to host an website on server

rjwebdesigns

Hi Bruce, Hosting is easy, you need to find a company to host with first *such as myself* I charge from £39.99 for the year.

Once it is all setup I will give you access to your server using specified software that I will recommend. You can then easily just drag and drop your files across to the server.

I can help with setting up a domain name to point to your server as well.

All support is provided.

Rob

mysiteonweb

Just note some point below while choosing a web host.

1)Disk space - How much disk space do you need? Does you website have less than 10 pages? You'll need only a small amount of space.
2) E-mail accounts - How many e-mail accounts do you need?
3) E-commerce - Will you be selling goods or services through your site?
4) Database, script and extension support
5) Operating systems - Do you want a UNIX hosting plan or a Windows hosting plan? Unix is the most commonly used operating system among Web servers.

mysiteonweb.com offer hosting for $5.99/mo

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
5) Operating systems - Do you want a UNIX hosting plan or a Windows hosting plan? Unix is the most commonly used operating system among Web servers.
depends on the industry and scale of the site.

Linux is very popular thanks to the open source movement. but in the corporate world windows is often preferred.

it really depends on what technologies you intend to use. for a basic web site *nix hosting is cheap and does everything you need and more. if you intend to run a complex web application making use of the latest and greatest features of the .NET framework, windows is the way to go.

Linux is the popular choice due to the reliability and stability of it naturally. But as zkiller mentioned, it really depends on what your needs are and what scripting/code you will be working with.

conductor

Banned
Go with someone big and well-known like Hostgator.com, look for their special deals and offers, or with an average-sized company like ahosting.biz where there are chances to be hand-walked by the host.