how to buy a domain name from current owner

n1ck420

Hi, I used to own the domain RXNPaintball.com, but once it expired someone must have bought it. I am looking to re-purchase this domain to open a business, but don't know how to go about acquiring it. Is there a way to appraise the value of this domain? and if i contacted the owner, is there a legitimate way to make the transaction?

ccowan

I'm not quite sure of any sites that assist in this trade, but if it was me I would contact that person first and see if they are even interested in selling it and then go from there. As far as what it's worth just think of that in terms as what its worth to you. Does it already get traffic? If so how much and is it quality traffic meaning are those people coming to the site actually looking for what you are offering?

shuvoimtiaz

After getting whois info mail the buyer of the domain for a deal. Or you may place a back order through godaddy, enom or name.com

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Just contact them via the whois and make them an offer that is worth their while to transfer it to you. I would forget about all of those other paid services which charge you to negotiate the purchase of a domain.

n1c0_ds

Domain name values are vastly overpriced. I say give the guy a call (yes, with the phone), and try convincing him.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Domain name values are vastly overpriced. I say give the guy a call (yes, with the phone), and try convincing him.

I dont think they are all vastly overpriced. If you are serious, it is worth forking out the dollars for a good brand.
For instance I run computerforum.com
I dont think it would be anywhere near as popular as it is, if I had registered computer-forum-site.net or something else like that.
And a good domain will often give you more than your money back down the road, if you ever decide to sell your site.
I dont understand how people can fork out thousands of man hours on a website and not be prepared to spend a few thousand dollars on a domain name.