How much time..

seoexpert

It really depends on your Google PageRank, as that determines to them how important your website is and how often it gets crawled. For a normal website I would say at least 2 weeks.

fromthe5

It really depends on your Google PageRank
Well... yes, in that a higher PR will probably indicate more incoming links. The more links you have to your site from other sites the more spiders will reach your site. Hence the updates will be found sooner. Usually there's a time lapse of a few days to a week "after" the new cache (at least in Google) until you notice any change in rankings.
Sorry to pull up an older thread but I wanted to clairify.

aly0408

you probably also want to make sure your site is not being cached, at least not for too long. because then your updates will take longer to show up.

seoexpert

Like they said, the higher the PR your website has, the more important Google ranks your website, and that determines how often they crawl your website.

fromthe5

the higher the PR your website has, the more important Google ranks your website
Most folks see the term "ranking " and think of how high their site might rank in the returns. PR has not that much to do with how high you rank for a certain term. I outrank many sites with lots higher PR pages than mine. It's the targeted link text that counts. But yes, PR is supposed to be an indication of how "important" a website is in the eyes of Google. Their theory is that if many sites link to you, you must be important. You need to understand the difference if you're doing SEO.

Gorgy

It depends on your site's updates. If you frequently add new content Google comes back much faster