How can I find a good web host?

dreamer41

I need to start a website for me. So I need to find a good web host company. It’s should be a good & cheap. If anyone recommend who is the best web host?
Thanks

Jackster

I own LoLHosting witch offers web Hosting from £0.50 ~ $0.70 ...

Here is the site : www.lolhosting.info

Currently its only private sign up until i get billing sorted so PM me when your ready :)

Hope it helps!

Jackster

Sorry for going off topic but constanthosting,,,, Realy?

Your price for 1 GB space is $3 .... Thats alot..

WebHostingGPS

It's been my experience that good and cheap don't often go hand and hand. There is such a thing as too cheap.

But Webhostingpad.com offers a pretty good deal. $1.99/mo hosting. They have decent shared servers. Can't get any cheaper than that without sacrificing reliability.

WebHostingGPS.com - Your personal web hosting navigator

ishie

Hostgator would be a good choice. But it all depends on what type of site you're building. I think there are occasions that Godaddy offers free hosting when you purchase domains from them.

jrecinto

It's a toss up between GoDaddy and HostGator. I think you shouldn't focus on price alone. What good would it be for a cheap hosting that's offline a quarter of the time?

XeHSean

There is no best hosting provider, only one that is best for you :)

What sort of budget do you have? Any specific requirements? This sort of information will help us to point you in the right direction

WebHostingGPS

I would recommend against Godaddy other than to register domain names. I have heard and read too many bad stories of unreliable hosting, nonexistent support and cumbersome control panel.

I do agree with XeHSean. More details about your needs would really help determine the best web hosting for you.

redsun

It is hard to give you advice like this. What software do you plan to use for your webiste? Do you plan to use CMS? If yes, which one do you prefer? Which programming language do you need? What will be the site about? If it's video hosting site for example, then you must go for a company that offers lot of space and bandwidth plus streaming support. You see, it all depends, not every website is the same, so as the hosting providers. You can take a look at this poll: Who's the best host, to check for most popular companies. But, remember there is no point in searching for the best web hosting company, instead search for the appropriate company for your website.

redox

Have a look at www.toddhosting.com!

Web hosting from as little as 99p per month, fast reliable servers, friendly helpful support staff. We have a range of hosting plans to suit your needs.

Get a discount if you sign up now!

Last edited:

sitebuilder

I have used Justhost for about 4 years for 12 different websites and have never had any problems at all. Their prices are pretty good too.