Hosting Domain in Other Country

lium

Hello from Slovenia - EU
I need advice.
My main page is hosting in my country(Slovenia). Now I bought .at (Austria) domain,for german version, becuase is nearest german speaking country. Now web page is hosting in Slovenija. Would be better if I would transfer it and host in Austria? Would I have better traffic?

stach14

Where you host the site makes no difference on your traffic. You dont get more of less based on location of site. The only thing location offers is better speeds in some cases. The closer you are to your main focus of viewers, "in theory" you should get better speeds and load time for your site. But this depends on the host you choose and paths the viewers are using to get to it.

aitorserra

If you are satisfied with your actual provider, don't move just for that. Internet it's global, where your files are it's not the main thing. However, German it's the better country to host in Europe-central.

rohitsha

Hello from Slovenia - EU
I need advice.
My main page is hosting in my country(Slovenia). Now I bought .at (Austria) domain,for german version, becuase is nearest german speaking country. Now web page is hosting in Slovenija. Would be better if I would transfer it and host in Austria? Would I have better traffic?

wherever you host your website does not influence much on your traffic. for improving traffic you would need to concentrate on SEO and other stuffs like quality link building. also the domain extensions is going to target specific to a country say if it is google search engine it would do the same. .at websites in Austria. The difference you would see is small noticeable latency issue if hosted outside the country.

VPSblast

You no longer need a programming guru to set up your site. You no longer need to be a computer guru to get a web site posted. Web hosting service has vastly improved since the beginning days of the internet.